PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

sayjann

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elef said:

The Ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is...

(You're not going to like it...)

Is...

:beer:

The Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life the Universe and everything, as demonstrated by the cavemen playing prehistoric scrabble is "What is 9 X 6?"

64 is the correct answer if one thinks in Base 10 (decimal) but 42 is also the correct answer if one thinks in base 13, its all about how one approached the problem.

Elef for a binary connection, 42 is the ASCII Code for wildcard * character, in binary 42 is 101010, on off, random, unpredictable etc

Coincidence?

All About Forty Two

4 + 2 = 6

In swedish 6 = "sex" but "sex" is also almost the same as the english sex(ual) - but not the category male/female.

So 42 = sex :yay:

sayjann - time to give us the correct answer now! :beer:

i think your idea of the intelligence of the avarage Brit who watches this sort of show is way too high.......

i doubt that they would add 12 cats paws together with the # of cats............. :shakehead

'#3 15 (6+2+7)'

don't know wether i mentioned it but the actual clue was 6+2x7.

2 ways to do that sum.

and i think most People's first thought of #'s on a clock would be 12.

later they might delve into a bit deeper and come up with all sorts of variations.

but just for the record the answers ranged from 54-3575

don't know wether i mentioned it but the actual clue was 6+2x7.

2 ways to do that sum.

You used "and then times"... so clearly we thought the mathematical rules didn't apply in this case.

You should've given us the 6+2x7 :banghead: rather than wording it and creating confusion!

'You used "and then times"... so clearly we thought the mathematical rules didn't apply in this case'

maybe..........but i think i was sort of right.

i worded it in the way i would have said it to someone in person.

if i was speaking to you face to face i would say "what is 2 times 7?"

but it doesn't really matter on 2 counts.

if i had written it as 'times' or 'x' there are still only 2 possible answers and neither work into the equation.

either 56 or 20 come to mind and i still can't work out how they are involved in an overall answer of 107......... :banghead:

Archived