XP pro patch needed for updates?

Lusty

Hua Nguu,

Yes, sad but true. Somehow they monitored the traffic of a emule server, therefore got the names (actually hashset) of the shared files from all users connected to the server. This together with the IP-addresses was given to the attorneys.

It is the edonkey protocol they are referring to. Many clients like edonkey, emule etc are using it.

130 Users had more than 500 files shared and attorneys ordered a search warrant. Rest will get letters and for sure the MI will ask for compensation.

I mostly download movies and series. Big chunk of that is in english language (available earlier than the german dubbed version). Like the Lost series. No Cam-rips of new movies due to safety and quality reasons. I wait until DVD-Rips are available.

I rarely download music, like when my niece passes me a list (which will stop for now), and I remove it from the shared folders immediately.

I hope I fly under the radar. Can't be 100% sure though.

If it get's worse I will go back to renting DVDs and rip it from there. And turn off my computer once in a while and save money for electricity.

People are working on anonymous and encrypted P2P protocols. Let's see.

Archived