looks like the US grunts are losing it.

texascity

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the solution is to create a Palestinian state with both jews and arabs. That has been discussed for many years but before stopped because the jews demanded unlimited immigration right for jews from other countries.

The same formula can be used for other conflicts:

North Ireland: Ireland and UK must be one country again

The same of course for US and Mexico or maybe USA want to give back California, Texas and more states robbed from Mexico.

-----------------

Jews bought arab land - if that's not acceptable because of the owners hadn't the right to sell

Alaska must be given back to the russians

Louisiana to the french (Louisiana Territory, more than 2 million sq km of land from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains)

Hawaii to the polynesians

Manhattan to the indians

::

chuckwoww said:

"Scarper"? That's a strange word to use after an event like the massacre at Deir Yassin. But it's pretty obvious where your sympathies lie. Whenever I see 'Palestine' in inverted commas I know it means the refugees should just stop complaining and get over it. Just a bunch of losers right?

European refugees after WW2 got returned or resettled. A lot of Palestinians have resettled in Arab countries, and in the US, but return is not an option for them. Do you have any idea what a Palestinian has to go through just to visit relatives in Gaza or the West Bank? Those places are big prisons basically.

Like it or not they were kicked out of what became Israel by well-financed superior forces. That's not anti-Semitism. That's history. And Arabs are Semites anyway. You can tell them to suck it up or move to Jordan or something but many of them can't or don't want to. Maybe when they run out of water they will have no choice but we aren't quite there yet.

You may have a point about some of the people who criticize Israel's policies but does that mean Israel is above criticism? There are plenty of Israelis who feel bad about it too.

ChuckWoww,

I'm glad you think I may have at least one point.

Sorry for using the word "scarper". Phony, too, for a Canadian to use. I hesitated over that one, actually. Maybe saying the survivors of the Holocaust were "pissed" was stupid too. Wouldn't be fair to edit them now to "fled" and "angry", though...

It's pretty obvious where my sympathies lie? Is it? I could say the same about you.

You see the word "Palestine" in inverted commas a lot, do you? I wouldn't have thought 99% of the readers and writers here have ever seen that in their lives other than from a post or two of mine.

Have you seen something of mine stating that the refugee camp inhabitants are just a bunch of losers who should get over it? No? I've implied that, you mean? You infer wrongly. I think it's one of the most outrageous and dangerous crimes of our time that thousands and thousands of people should be left to fester in these shitholes. Israel is not going away. They must be resettled. Look at the oil money some of these Arab countries have!

I'm surprised that a man of your intelligence can use that line about Arabs being Semites, too. How lame! You know perfectly well what anti-Semitism means. Playing semantics is worse than useless.

I don't particularly like Israel. I was there for a few weeks in the early 'eighties and I thought they were generally a bunch of cunts. I remember walking by the Commonwealth War Cemetary in Jerusalem and thinking, what a waste, what a waste.

I also worked for a few days as a labourer on an archaelogical site in Jerusalem. I mean as a labourer. All my co-workers were Arabs, the bosses were Israelis. Big deal. But at least I think I can claim to be able to regard all those people as something beyond Good and Evil cartoon caricatures, which is what most people see them as. I don't include you.

I thought the Israelis were a broken, psychically scarred people, stressed out beyond imagination. It wasn't right for an entire country to be on edge like that. The Arabs seemed like good sorts. Maybe it was a class thing...

Anyway, I've kinda lost the plot here... Oh yes, the U.S. Grunts Are Losing It. Ahem. Ah, that's enough for me.

MaiLuk said:

Uhh... can someone straighten me out on why the arabs who complain so bitterly about the palestinians do not use some of the thousands of billions of petro dollars to provide a home/build a city for the palestinians?

There was quite a bit of Arab money being invested in Palestine (for want of a better word). The Saudis and some Gulf States donated money. Palestinians working abroad have tried to get industries going. There was talk of an airport and a port in Gaza and a road link to the West Bank. It came to nothing of course. The whole point is that it can't exist as a viable state because of all the border controls and road blocks.. Now nobody is allowed to make bank transfers anymore.

Well I just thought you were doing the usual blame the victim thing. Sorry if I was wrong. I see Palestine in inverted commas quite a lot on message boards where people talk about the problem. It is more of a dream than a reality for Palestinians.

If you've been there and seen the situation (so have I) you must realize there is plenty of blame to go round. Am I balanced towards the Palestinians? Maybe I do tend to side with underdogs....just the way I am. They seemed to be much more in tune with the region than the Israelis....who seemed to be trying to graft an apple onto an orange tree. There is something not quite real about Israel too I think (except for maybe Haifa and the old parts of Jerusalem)

I think there might have been a time when Israel could have been integrated into the Middle East but it's gone too far now. Too much distrust on both sides. Hence the wall. At least Zionists don't talk about the 'Nile to the Euphrates' nonsense anymore....not in public anyway.

I honestly don't think the Israelis want to see a viable Palestinian state. They prefer it weak and fragmented. Which is probably wise given the level of hatred.

You're the one that implied any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic not me.

elef said:

The only hope is the new generation - both arabs and jews in Israel are tired of the old men and want a future in peace. :)

Ah elef the optimist. I wish I could agree but I think they'll just keep driving each other crazy. The wall says it all really. The peace process is dead.

It reminds me of an old joke - here a little modernised

Tony Blair, GWB and Abbas were granted an audience with God/Allah

TB: When will the british economy be better?

God: It takes 10 years

TB goes back crying

GWB: When we will win our war against terrorism?

God: It takes 25 years and will cost 100,000 billions

GWB goes back crying big

Abbas: When there will be peace in Palestine?

God goes away with big crying

A few points to keep in mind:

1) The estimate of the number of Arabs made "refugees" by the creation of the state of Israel and subsequent attack by five Arab armies varies from 500,000 to 700,000, depending

on who's made the estimate. That's a considerable number, but quite small in light of the millions driven from their ancestral regions in the years immediately before, during or

after WWII. But Palestine is the only place where being a refugee has achieved hereditary

status, now going into the third generation for some.

2) It's not like the Arabs were driven half-way round the world. About 75% of the former British mandate of Palestine was given to the Arabs. The biggest part went to create

Transjordan (later called Jordan). The remainder was divided into two zones, one for Jews, one for Arabs. It was the Arab League, not the Arabs living in those two zones, who rejected

that arrangements. And if Arabs didn't want to live in the state of Israel, all they had to do was cross the Jordan River. They might not have been able to live in exactly the same

village they'd been in before, but they'd be at the most 75 miles from where they'd been living. Many did just that, but the Arab League wanted to keep as many refugees as possible as part of the campaign to push the Jews into the sea. Without Palestinian refugees, it would be hard to argue for the destruction of the state of Israel.

3) The day the Arabs accept the existence of Israel as a homeland for Jews - the right of Israel to exist within secure borders - the fighting will stop. When Arab inside and outside

Palestine give up the dream of pushing the Jews into the sea, the rest is rather easy to resolve.

4) Take a look at the map of the Middle East. Israel is surrounded by 22 Arab Muslim countries with 640 times the land area and 50 times the population of Israel. Unless you're

a real believer in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, there's not much chance of Israel overrunning the region.

EP

:devil:

Archived