departing thailand on a aussie passport-first time

BB,

I've seen many funny visas - an italian businees visa (Schengen of course) for 3 years - but that lady has received a national ID-card of France, so she has a permanent residentship there and soon will get a french passport.

Hi guys.

well we have progressed a little now.

Previously my wife and I intended to get my daughters PPT whilst they were in Australia. I got onto the Embassy in Canberra and decided that for all the rooting around involved it would be better for me to just let my wife handle it in Thailand.

We got mucked around a little with our travel plans due to the recent flooding in Uttaradit, prevoiusly we did'nt have enough time to get a PPT for my daughter in Thailand allthough now with a squeeze we do. My wife is just now waiting for my daughters birth certificate and a statutory declaration from myself giving permission for my daughter to apply for her Thai PPT.

The papers should get there early next week and my wife will head for Chiang Mai ASAP, allthough we would'nt expect her PPT to arrive before next friday when they are due to depart. I really feel we mainly need it when they return to Thailand so my inlaws can send it over once it arrives at home (Uttaradit).

I had a funny feeling about my daughters first flight out of Thailand and told my wife to ring to immigration in BKK and just enquire about our situation. What she was given was total misinformation. I had to push my (very shy) wife to demand a firm answer, and not just from the first idiot she spoke to. She did and now everything is clearer now.

Basicly the way I understand it is, the Thai immigration want to see that she is a Thai national, with an a Aussie PPT, and her reason for being in the country without an entry stamp or Thai visa is that she is a Thai born citizen.

I guess I did jump the gun so to speak, I just don't have a lot of time on my hands to chase things up, and with my wifes arrival rapidly nearing I guess I shit myself (so to speak). I shall'nt be happy until they are here but my wife seems confident about everything so I'll just have to trust in her judjement and hope for the best.

Thanks.

Fatty...

• 3 weeks later...

There're no guarantees. Getting the iron-clad, right answer from a supervisor in advance won't help if the officer at the desk isn't up to speed or wants to be a jack-ass. Thai birth certificate, passport from Oz (issued by the embassy in BKK) listing the place of birth as Thailand and your wife's natural mai pen rai approach will probably be sufficient.

Good luck.

:twocents:

Archived