departing thailand on a aussie passport-first time

Hi all.

My wife and daughter will be coming to Aust next friday. My wife has her visa in her Thai PPT. My daughter is a ausie citizen by decent and consequently has an Aussie PPT.

Because my daughter has not entered Thailand on that PPT, when she departs we are in for trouble I can feel it.

My wife and I have done the ring around but the problem is-especially with the Thai immigration dept that nobody can give a hard and fast answer that does'nt contradict answers given by others within that same department.

One goose told my wife that they will not allow my daughter to exit Thailand on her Australian PPT, that she must have a Thai PPT and also a visa......a visa to travel to a country of which she is a citizen.

Confused.

Fatty...

I've a friend who is thai, she's married with a french guy and has a 5 year visa to Schengen, their son has a french passport but no thai passport. They travelled to France before christmas and returned after NY without any problem at all.

FAT_AUSSIE said:

One goose told my wife that they will not allow my daughter to exit Thailand on her Australian PPT, that she must have a Thai PPT and also a visa......a visa to travel to a country of which she is a citizen.

Show the Oz passport to the airline staff at check in. Use the Thai one to clear immigration. Revert back to the Oz passport to get on the plane.

Cheers,

SD

I really don't understand what all this concern is about. 2 years ago I did this exact procedure myself. My daughter was born in Bangkok, I got her an Australian passport from the embassy and she left Thailand on that empty passport and no questions asked. She's never had a Thai passport.

Actually my wife seems to recall (I can't) that we were asked to show the daughter's birth certificate. But we couldn't because we had packed it in the checked luggage so the immigration official just shrugged and waved us through.

I guess no problem if you can see that the child is thai/farang. If the child looks thai the reason for not having a thai passport can be that a thai father didn't accept the child to get one and a missing birth certiicate may confirm such a suspicion.

elef said:

I've a friend who is thai, she's married with a french guy and has a 5 year visa to Schengen, their son has a french passport but no thai passport. They travelled to France before christmas and returned after NY without any problem at all.

a 5 year visa ???????? come on !!!!!

BB

Archived