Panerai Luminor Daylight Watch

mattwasp

I saw some sweet second-hand Panerais up on one of the top floors of Fortune Town IT Mall the other day.

There is a second-hand joint up there that has a lot of sweet stuff. A few Rolex's, a cane with a sword concealed in the shaft, some silver, multi-tools.

No idea how the pricing stacks up. I have never seriously priced Panerais.

I wear a real Panerai but there are many used dealers in Bangkok that carry used Panerais but they know what their worth so you're unlikely to get a good bargain. Asia is about bargains but availability. Often it's easier to find hard to find pieces in Asia. Anyway, avoid the copy shops on the ground floor in MBK and Patpong since they'll sell you something that's obviously a fake. Honestly I've never found a convincing looking fake in Bangkok.

Interesting, thanks! I've not seen them around before.

I don't have a problem wearing a 'replica' as I don't have that sort of money to spend. The quality of some fakes is pretty reasonable, but I'd rather have the real thing.

The most amusing incident involved a colleague of mine who's brother works for Tag Heuer, and consequently he's very keen on Tag watches. We were attending a meeting with the CIO of the company we support and as an off the cuff remark my colleague asked 'Is that the Tag Heuer Monza?', to which he replied 'Sort of, its a fake I bought in Hua Hin last year'

Later my colleague remarked 'If you had them side by side you'd know instantly'

I thought at the time - who wears two watches? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have purchased #1 quality Luminor Panerai watches at the large market in Guangzhou China. The watches are better quality than Thailand. You can buy any type of watch you want at 100RMB each if you buy 10 or more at a time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived