Don't Piss Off World Cup Fans ( I Mean Thais )

the_numbers

British hooligans might be good for a punch up, and some even have an irrational love for their favourite club over human life. However, I say they get a bad rap in light of this story. Thailand isn't even in the World Cup, but if you're too loud in a pub in Pattaya then... well... you might just get killed after one request to quiet down. Killed by a handgun at point blank range by a fellow countrymen.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/06/13/thailand.shooting.ap/index.html

Made the international wires with my favorite part the summation line at the story's end.

"Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, is known for its beaches, its thriving sex industry and high crime rate." :grinyes:

Cheers,

the numbers

Gee, I wonder what would have happened if that dude were in the pub I was in last night in India. The damn bartender kept switching from the World Cup to a stoopid cricket test match. As I told him "Fer chrissakes man, that game lasts five days and the current score is 528-6. Just what the fuck do you think is gonna happen in ten minutes? Stop it!!!!"

Sad news about the shooting in Pattaya. But nothing that happens there surprises me. Shitty-City-by-the-Sea.

Cheers,

SD

Italy-Ghana match would have been over by 04:00. But per this Pattaya Mail account police were called "just before 6am". And all this happened after the shooter talked to the pub owner for over an hour and after the pub owner left the pub.

"Just before 6am on Tuesday Morning Police were called to the Food Work Pub and Restaurant on Pattaya Third Road opposite Excite Discotheque to investigate a multiple shooting at the location. Police Lieutenant Colonel Chanatat was first on the scene and found the body?s of two men. One was lying on the pavement in front of the Pub and the other was lying on the floor just inside the entrance to the Pub. Shocked friends of the dead men were inside being comforted by staff.

The initial witness statements suggested that a Thai man driving a Mercedes Benz entered the pub alone and sat with the owner of the venue Khun Bae for almost one hour. Khun Bae left the Pub leaving the suspect alone. Staff mentioned that he then approached the two victims who were drinking together and claimed he was a new Pattaya Police Officer. The suspect then hit one of the men around the head and suggested the three should go outside and fight.

The first victim to join the suspect at the front of the pub was Khun Jumlong aged 30. A fight between the two took place and moments later the suspect produced two hand guns and began shooting at Khun Jumlong who lay seriously injured on the footpath. The suspect then turned his attentions onto the other victim, Khun Somsak aged 41. The suspect opened fire and fatally wounded him. Realizing that Khun Jumlong was not dead the shooter went back to him and shot him in the head in an execution style shooting.

Police Lieutenant General Jongrak, the Region 2 Commander of Police later inspected the scene and revealed that the shooter had been identified. He is Khun Somnook aged 31 and a picture of him was presented to the media.

The General mentioned that a massive man hunt is now underway and Police have been given specific orders to shoot to kill if the suspect attempts to shoot at Police or other individuals. Furthermore the pub itself is now under scrutiny as it is an unlicensed establishment and failed to check customers prior to entry which is standard practice in other Pattaya Pubs and Nightclubs.

If you know who this man is please contact Police immediately and if you spot him please do not approach him as he is considered highly dangerous and will most likely be armed."

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_13_06_49.htm

-redwood

Either way.. and who knows the real story it seems to have tied/thaied into the Kingdom's World Cup Fever, which is unfortunate :doah:

But one should always be leary of pock marked men who get out of any recent model Mercedes Benz in Thailand. They usually are packing heat, as are their golden buddha clad brethren or "yes men"... god love Pattaya Beach.

Best,

theNumbers

Archived