Heavy rain in BKK

BuffHello

Heavy downpours cause traffic snarls in Bangkok

Heavy downpours Sunday afternoon caused traffic snarls in Bangkok for hours although it was Sunday, police reported.

The rains also caused flooding on many Bangkok roads, leading to many road accidents, a police traffic radio station, FM 91 Traffic Police, reported.

The radio station reported that heavy rains started t 2 pm and lasted over three hours.

The rains caused some 30-centimre-high flooding on several roads, including Ekkamai Road, part of Sukhumvit Road and Chaeng Wattana Road.

The radio station said traffic congestion lasted for hours on many roads, including Phahol Yothin, Ratchadpisek, Ngam Wong Wan, Rattanatibet, Tiwanon, Sukhumvit and New Phetchaburi roads.

A total of 47 accidents occurred on Bangkok roads, injuring 19 people. At least 17 vehicles' engine stopped because of flood waters, police said.

The Nation

Ive always hated June. Unpredictable, heavy rains. Last June it rained so hard one day that it flooded my house and recked the wood floor on my neighbours. BTW the wood floor was on the second floor.

I hade to raise my ground floor by a foot and install automatic sump pumps and drainage tiles. SO bring on the rains. I am ready!!

Archived