Brasil

@#$%$#@%@#

WTF, I AM A VICTIM OF IDENTITY THEFT! tongue.gif" border="0

sigh, I guess there's only one way to solve it. We must FIGHT!

Hehe, seriously.... can't we register our names? blush.gif" border="0

Badabing,

Your home team's losing streak getting you agitated? Oops, LA doesn't have a NFL team anymore! Hehe j/k. You could root for the chargers bada.

tongue.gif" border="0

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: tyler durden ]

quote:

Originally posted by tyler durden:

Old hippie,

I'll be having "language" lessons in BKK in january!
tongue.gif" border="0

Will you be studying Greek and French, or Thai? Have a good trip! I may make it there for a few days the end of January, or early Feb, not sure, depends on the job shit! Drop me a line if you want!

Thanks to everyone for providing so much information and so quickly. Brasil sounds excellent, and what better way to use those hard earned airmiles...

Tyler Durden, given the source and nature of the name it seems highly appropriate that more than one person is using it. Actually I registered the name several months before you - I just don't post that often. Happy to exchange beverages if we're in LOS at the same time...

I just came back from my first trip to Brazil (6 weeks) and liked it very much. People are all very friendly and relaxed, women are beautiful and show it.

Rio is expensive (especially Copacabana) but is a must, a night in the "Help" disco will convince you. Other towns, and especially small ones are very cheap.

Try to learn as much portuguese as you can before going there (better if it is Brazilian Portuguese) your trip will be so much more interesting.

Also, Brasil is huge, a whole continent, I think it's better to visit a few places in depth than taking a lot of flights (only in the state of Rio, which is comparatively small, you could spend weeks visiting tropical islands, small colonial towns, old Imperial residence, smart summer ports, national parks, etc...on top of the many nights at Help).

You may find information on the nightscene of many locations on www.wsgforum.com

People tend to make you paranoid about the safety issue, I personally didn't experience any problem, just don't do stupid things like walking alone at 4 o'clock in the morning.

I enjoyed taking regular bus, cheap and efficient (but no bus routes maps : you have to ask...).

I love Thailand as well, actually I'm going back next February, but Brasil is closer to my culture and language (Italy) and I find it easier to establish relationships with people (and women).

Let me know if you need more specific information (I went to Rio, Cuiabà, Fortaleza and Salvador).

I just came back from my first trip to Brazil (6 weeks) and liked it very much. People are all very friendly and relaxed, women are beautiful and show it.

Rio is expensive (especially Copacabana) but is a must, a night in the "Help" disco will convince you. Other towns, and especially small ones are very cheap.

Try to learn as much portuguese as you can before going there (better if it is Brazilian Portuguese) your trip will be so much more interesting.

Also, Brasil is huge, a whole continent, I think it's better to visit a few places in depth than taking a lot of flights (only in the state of Rio, which is comparatively small, you could spend weeks visiting tropical islands, small colonial towns, old Imperial residence, smart summer ports, national parks, etc...on top of the many nights at Help).

You may find information on the nightscene of many locations on www.wsgforum.com

People tend to make you paranoid about the safety issue, I personally didn't experience any problem, just don't do stupid things like walking alone at 4 o'clock in the morning.

I enjoyed taking regular bus, cheap and efficient (but no bus routes maps : you have to ask...).

I love Thailand as well, actually I'm going back next February, but Brasil is closer to my culture and language (Italy) and I find it easier to establish relationships with people (and women).

Let me know if you need more specific information (I went to Rio, Cuiabà, Fortaleza and Salvador).

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Bwana Dik:

Brasil is by far my favorite sanuk spot, especially Rio. Dangers are vastly overstated. I've been 22 times and never had a problem. It is more expensive than LOS, but if money's not a big issue, then go for it, because as many others have noted, the garotas de Brasil are to die for. Sex is wild and uninhibited. I love BKK and LOS, but I make about 3-4 trips to Brasil for every trip to LOS. I've posted a large FAQ on Rio at
that you might check out.

AFAIK, wsa is a pay-side. Do you mind posting your faq here?

Archived