Requesting assistance . Wolly too mut .

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

my career as part time Korat ###-farmer is under serious threat . Because I have ordered the 30 something Pimsleur lesson in the Unites States of America but probably nobody there knows how to send a parcel to Germany , most probably because nobody knows where is Germany . TIUSA .

Now prompräm coming : I will be on holiday from beginning of next week til further notice and as this is virtually the only time I can deal with something like learning Thai I am now DESPERATE for a course that I can upload or download or offload and finally materialises itself on a CD , cassette or any other late tecnology item which I can carry with me . I shall not have permanent access to the interenet as I spend most of the time offshore , therefore one download shloud do the deal . I am ready to pay whatever is requested , or at least promise payment at a later date . There is one possibility http://jstonline.net/thailand/ but I have no real clue what to with it . I contacted the man who posted it here by PM but did not receive an answer . Probably fallen from balcony in the meantime .

Gentlemen , I hope you recognize the enormous dimension of the problem , in exchange I will later this year be able to offer a full service package from a to z how you can move you bargirlfriend back home by providing a realiable income after reasonable investment . I am not joking , there are ways , but lack of communication makes me sick at this early stage . Mosey on over .

Any input appreciated , as always

BuBi

<< Because I have ordered the 30 something Pimsleur lesson in the Unites States of America but probably nobody there knows how to send a parcel to Germany , most probably because nobody knows where is Germany . >>

Nah, my dad found it easily enough in 1945. So did lots of Yanks. :D

p.s. This looks interesting. I've seen the books, but not the CD yet.

http://www.thaiphrasebook.com/books/092.php

** Nah, my dad found it easily enough in 1945. So did lots of Yanks. *

This was more kind of a guided tour in 1946 , doesn't count . Thank you for help , today I managed to buy a course with 2 CD's in a bookshop in Cologne , ordered by somebody else and not taken . I am already through page 1 .

BuBi

• 2 weeks later...

Good recommendation.

And it's free.

I suggest the section on that web site, "Learning To Read With Manee".

It is a first-level reader that was formerly used in Thai elementary schools -- translated into English with sound files added for the Web.

If you can master that, you will know most of the Thai alphabet and about 300 simple words.

It's a valuable start.

However, be aware there is a difference between "language-write" and "language-speak" in Thailand.

Most, formal, language courses, including that web site, teach the more formal, "language-write".

("pah-sah-key-ahn" verses "pah-sah-puut")

If you try to speak "language-write" to Thais they will understand, but you will sound stilted and overly formal.

And they will reply to you in far more common,"language-speak".

If you want to understand them, you must understand "language-speak".

So, where do you go to learn "language-speak"?

Private teacher -- of some sort -- is the only way I know.

I have not yet been able to find a Thai language course that teaches "language-speak".

Does anybody know of one?

Archived