Frequent Flyer upgrade experience for miles?

thalenoi

"Once you have reached Gold Status they will give you bonus miles from the upgraded flights. "

Your post is full of surprises... are you sure aboout that one? It seems NOT to be the usual way to get bonus miles on upgraded flights... gotta call TG this before the week end and might claim a few miles if that's true

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kojis69 said:

Your post is full of surprises... are you sure aboout that one? It seems NOT to be the usual way to get bonus miles on upgraded flights... gotta call TG this before the week end and might claim a few miles if that's true

Don't take it as a fact, maybe it is just a "good will thing"

I have noticed that once I had gold status my upgrades has been credited with 2500 Bonus miles (TG 1st Class Bonus)

I don't know what the working process is in order to get the bonus miles. I always give the my frequent flyer card at the check in counter, maybe they are just too lazy to check if there was an upgrade or they simply don't check your "ticket history" when you are a gold member!

About the cheap tickets, yes that surprises me as well sometimes, works in 3 out of 5 cases and usually i am very lonely in the F-class when this happens.

When you are flying the next time give me your schedule I will ask her if she can find something from Paris, if not have a layover in FRA, they have good "potato salad" at the senator loubge ;)

CT

Yes senator lounge is very fine! I actually have both legs to and from CDG to RGN via BKK (one in F one in J for this summer journey).

Yet, especially considering I prefer leaving in the evening as it's the case with TG from Germany - whereas not from paris, only one flight daily left, leaving at 13.50 :(- this stopover might be a good idea! Landing in the afternoon resting in the 1BR premier in Ascott for a while before going out and enjoying BKK delicacies... all fine! it seems you know the place!

I would be great if you could check wether it's possible to get those rates from Paris then ,on a regular basis as I'm flying about monthly. Even via Frankfurt, if yes I won't need to buy a new ticket from Asia this summer, which would be more convenient.

Of course I'll call directly the agency if you mind PMing the number, really attractive fare they seem to be offering!

Cheers,

Kojis

actually i find the Senator Lounge super crappy, the colours are so dark and i usually never get a seat in the lounge area since I always fly around 8 or 9 pm, but at leats they have a smoking area, it always pisses me off in BKK to sit in the first class lounge, knowing i can't smoke for the next 12 hours and they tell me to go to the buiz lounge for a smoke (500 yards away) pfft!

Maybe i should stop smoking!

PM sent!

ChristianTroy said:

It depends on your status!

If you have in example Senator Status with Miles and More you won't get bonus miles from Thai Airways, you have to apply for an TG account as well. Once you have reached Gold Status they will give you bonus miles from the upgraded flights.

NONSENSE!!!

If you have TG gold you get following (percentage of effective flown miles)

economy: 100%

economy upgraded to business: 100%

business: 125%

this you would also get without gold status; so TG gold does not give you any bonus miles!

if you have Senator Status in Miles and More you get on TG:

economy: 100% + 25% bonus

economy upgraded to biz: 100% + 25% bonus

business: 200% + 25% bonus

however this can't be compared as for free tickets and upgrades, you need much less miles in TG's Royal Orchid Program than in Miles and More.

samak said:

If you have TG gold you get following (percentage of effective flown miles)

economy: 100%

economy upgraded to business: 100%

business: 125%

this you would also get without gold status; so TG gold does not give you any bonus miles!

i got 100% + 50% for the first class upgrade! (from economy)

as I said above I am not sure, maybe I was lucky 2 times or maybe it is because it is first class or maybe because of the gold card or all together, fact is i got the bonus!

I don't think they would do the mistake twice! I will ask them on sunday and report it back to here!

BTW

I was not saying upgrade your flight with miles - I said upgrade with cash since hte upgrade fares are pretty cheap compared to others. The upgrade on Lufthansa is 3 times more expensive (in cash)

I said use them miles for hotel discounts or even mile packages from TG

Senator Status begins with 130k miles a year!

in this case, they made a mistake and gave you the mileage for normal first class ticket.

Royal Orchid credits 125% for business class and 150% for first class, whether you have gold or not; no bonus miles for gold status.

i think the 130k for Senator Status is only applicable, if you are resident in germany. as a resident of LOS, you get it for 100k and you do not even need to fly one time with Luftwaffe! :neener:

but are there any benefits, when you hold TG Gold AND Senator card (or let's say more in general 2 frequent flyer status on 2 different star alliance carriers)? haven't found out so far!

samak said:

in this case, they made a mistake and gave you the mileage for normal first class ticket.

Royal Orchid credits 125% for business class and 150% for first class, whether you have gold or not; no bonus miles for gold status.

lucky me, they made the mistake twice :)

samak said:

i think the 130k for Senator Status is only applicable, if you are resident in germany. as a resident of LOS, you get it for 100k and you do not even need to fly one time with Luftwaffe! :neener:

haha luftwaffe!! Kinda right, considering their color themes at the lounges or their policy on on payed upgrades! A little anecdote: a combined flight of TG and Lufhansa operated by TG, my cousin was trying to get an upgrade from eco to buiz. Thai asked for USD 600 and Lufthansa asked for 2100 for THE SAME SEAT. Unbelievable, isn't it?

samak said:

but are there any benefits, when you hold TG Gold AND Senator card (or let's say more in general 2 frequent flyer status on 2 different star alliance carriers)? haven't found out so far!

Is that so? I seriously have no idea! I will have to find out, will let you know on monday!

Archived