Mobile Phone Connectivity in Bangers

Central Scrutinizer

She pays 10bht per sms when she can not use skype.

Maybe a good idea for BG in soi33, a computer with skype?

-> would have a good success among BG nope?

::

Which is nothing as I pay around 0.5 euro per sms when not using skype (if I was not using skype it would cost me an average 100 euros/day.......)

Cent said:

elef,

Heard this about AIS, but hadn't heard DTAC was doing the same thing. Frustrating as hell. Had people call me, SMS me. Tried to call them back. Never once got through. Called KS all day Monday and the fucking thing just kept coming up 'Network Busy' the whole damned day! Looks like I'll need to get one of the better calling systems? Monthly bill rather than SIM? Who's out there that has a decent quality connectivity?

Cent

Same same. For me the past two weeks have been terrible. I have a monthly bill dtac sim, and when i wished to call inter-network in bkk, had to make many attempts b4 i could get thru. "Network busy". Now when i receive international calls the network tells them the number is not working! A few nights ago someone called me repeatedly from their bkk landline and they too always got a message my number was disconnected. WTF!! Are others experiencing this too?

I called the dtac customer service. The guy said sorry we all have the same problem. That was it. He also said that reports in the press mentioned that perhaps by the end of July the situation MIGHT improve (but not go away).....Gee thanks.

about higher priority for postpaid compared to prepaid SIM's I very much doubt it.

perhaps some VIP officials or top biz guys might get preferential treatment, but not any regular joe's without a substansial markup I'm quite confident.

there simply is no way around this except - patience, patience, luck or perhaps organising some friday royal plaza demonstrations - that seems the way to get things done around here ;)

Archived