Massage class at Wat Po ,?????

OCgringo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She knows, she already knows, but no prestige to her friends to enroll in a 6 month free course when YOU would pay big $ for a one week course!

So you say "Listen, I am NOT a idiot, I KNOW you can get something better for free but you will have to WORK!"

About 1 hour later you'll be looking for a new girlfriend in Soi 7 beergarden

"A team ", not girlfriend ,

but I try to tell her what I think , even if she does not like it :)

I think she has been told by other Thais that the WAT PO certificate means somethiong,

and I do not see many Thais question thinks concerning the Wat,

I think she is sucked into the belief that if it is from the "Wat" it must be good ,

I will try and tell her , but its her decision, at least she is thinking of a future which most Thais do not :(

OC

PS.....when she was home last month she bought the family a cow and calf, 25K baht so she does save her money.....

"Mine" did the course at Wat Po, actually the school across the street. It was more than a one week course and got a paper in Thai and one in English.

The paper works OK in Thailand, but for sure, it would not work in the USA.

Each state in the USA has its own rules and license for any occupation where you "touch" someone. Beauty salon, doing hair, one type of license and test, you must take to work legally, etc.

So, to do massage in the USA, commercially and legally, you must hold a valid license in that state.

Well . in the long run its up to her,

If she thinks its a good thing for her future , then I hope she does it ,

As said above I am sure there are better "real courses" in massage at a University or Nurse training school.

But better she does something than nothing I guess,

OC

Archived