Massage class at Wat Po ,?????

OCgringo

Hi,

My A team girl was talking about going to the massage class at Wat Po,

She says there are 3 classes, Thai Massage , Oil massage and foot maggage,

Anyone know more , or of a TG that went there ?

I guess you get a "certificate" when you are finished that she thinks is worth the cost

OC

PS......no I am not paying for the class......

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it. If nothing else, it will be a lifetime achievement for her she can always look back on. It's pretty easy to get the job of a masseusse, but still Wat Pho masseuses are highly prized for job opportunities.

There is a dead end soi off of Suk (I believe around soi 31) that has at its end a Wat Po school for falangs. You might get some personal info on the matter there. From what they told us, Thais must go to the Wat whereas falangs could go there.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I gave it a try.

Mine wanted to go to Wat Po but because of cost and time, she decided not to but learned from a friend that went there. Somehow, mine ended up with her study book. I guess it is no problem because most Thais don't read.

It isn;t even associated with Wat Po, but a private gig that obviously gives kick backs for the name.

The piece of paper is worhtless in Thailand, here they actually can do a 1 year course for the same fee as a 1 week wat po course HOWEVER if she ever wants to work overseas, then the Wat Po piece of paper looks VERY good

Silly huh!

the 3 basic wat po massage classes are to be recommended highly.

my wife did them all when she had nothing 'better' to do sorta caught between cooking classes & massage & luckily went for the massage thingy as one more qualification to build on when going overseas trying for the local job market.

if not anything else its great for me as a massage lover especially the aroma & foot variety :)

yes they get diplomas not really sure how the 'exam' is carried out if any, but it surely is the highest level massage school in the kingdom.

some 3-5k per class which can be covered in a month I think?

Courses cost 7000 b. You got to do the Thai one first than you can proceed to Oil. Choice is 5,6 or 10 days with 3 hours for 10 days. You will get a certificate.

Have met 'old' ex BG who studied Wat Po for 5 years and was really damned good, working in a non-sex massage parlor at Koh Phangan getting a few hundred baht a day if she was lucky or nothing at all...

http://bangkok.thailandtoday.com/leisure/05_0004_phomassage.html

Thanks Topcatta

Yes she thinks she is getting "old" for the sex business and is looking for her future , and that the Wat Po certificate will mean something getting a job,

But I tried to explain to her that it would only be a few hundred baht a day and can she really live in Bangkok on that......

Not sure if she thought it all the way thru yet....

OC

PS....I think the 7000baht is the falang price,,,

<<Have met 'old' ex BG who studied Wat Po for 5 years >>

I've heard that claim many times, yet when you do the research, you discover that massage hasn;t been taught there for a LOOOONG time.

The Thais KNOW the words "Wat Po" are the words we want to hear. Sad fact is it's these days a myth.

Who's going to teach it? A monk who can;t touch females? Hmmmm

On the other hand the local "PolyTech" as I guess you wold call it in UK does 1 month courses for free.

Also with the FTA's, a REAL massage course is now recognisedd in Australia. However if I was joe blow walking off a street in Brisvegas, a ticket from "Phayothin College" would not impress me as much as a 1 week course in noce letters from "Wat Po"

interesting how the BIGGEST CONS in Thailand all happen around the pallace?

We tiptoe carefully not to say anything bad, but touts line up outside the pallace ad Wat po and tell HUGE LIES!

SHAME SHAME SHAME

DOG

Archived