Where can one get a non Immigrant O visa in seasia

Hi;

I may need to make an emergency visa run Thursday for a Non Immigrant O visa (for the new work permit), and I am told that many embassies/consulates in Asia no longer give them. Any advice on where to go to get one quickly? I am told malaysia are now refusing them, Laos sometimes will sometimes won't but not the capital.

Thanks

Hi;

Thanks, I DID see those posts, but I was told by my new school that things had tightened up considerably recently, and that the last three people that went to malaysia had been rejected with exactly the same paperwork that the previous group had been approved with. Same with other locations, but that it was changing!

So, I worry, I tend to try to prepare as much as possible before jumping.

Thanks for the reply1

Supposedly, you can actually convert a tourist visa to a non-immigrant without leaving the country now. In practice, I haven't heard of anyone doing it. Not even the Thammasat prestige was enough to keep the new hires who showed up on tourist visas from having to make a run to Penang or Wiengchan.

What they got was a 90-day non-renewable non-immigrant B visa. That gave them enough time to get their WP squared away in Bangkok.

Hi;

Good to see you at Gully's a couple of weeks ago! Sorry I had to dash off. but the dinnerbell was tolling! At Immigration last Friday the choices I was presented with were a) Bring in the teachers license for a new non-immB issued in Bkk, or B) leave the country before the 7 day extension expired for a new non imm b. If I got a tourist visa I would need to leave again.

No mention of getting tourist visa converted, but maybe that depends on who you talk to.

Singapore's Thai Consulate people are nice, and easygoing if you have the right paperwork. I have a friend who did his VISA there last month, and has been for ages NON IMM B. He had more of a hassle in Hong Kong last year where the office did ask him a few questions, and was more dubious.

Sillypore was no problem though, and it was a quick smile, flip through documents, and come back the next day. Given the package prices on airfare with hotel down there to be had it is a very reasonable option for a VISA hop.

Best of Luck.

TheNumbers

Archived