Thaksin Get Out protest in Chicago.

steffi

I was at a luncheon speech Wednesday by the Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand at the Asia Society in New York. No protesters whatsoever. The event was also very poorly attended. I thought there might have been protesters because every event at which a Chinese official speaks always causes a demonstration, Sometimes its the Tibet groups, sometimes Taiwanese, but mostly Falun Gong. Occasionally all three groups will show up at once. The South Koreans, Indonesians, Philippines, Vietnam, etc also draw protesters of one sort or another, but I've never seen a protest by Thai groups in NYC.

EP

:devil:

Flashermac said:

Could be. He wants to run Thailand like Mayor Daley ran Chicago.

Like Mayor Daley still runs Chicago. :)

His son (Richard M Daley) has been in office since 1989 and the indictments and prison sentences just keep coming for members of his staff. :o

I must say though, the city has never looked better. :up:

Young Daley was involved in the Florida vote counting, but he obviously lacks his father's "magic touch". Bush got in anyway ...

p.s. Haven't been in Chicago in 30+ years. Don't think I have mised too much. My grandparents used to tell me about the Prohibition days, when smart folks went about armed. Still got my grandfather's revolver and shoulder holster and the Colt .25 automatic my grandmother carried in her purse. ::

Archived