Bangladesh? I hear its the cheapest!

I've heard the rate for ladies in Bangladesh is $1-11 dollars (US). I've heard since it use to be owned by Britain, english is common. Is it easy to get a travel companion to travel with you through Bangladesh and even possible side-trip into India?

Boogaloo

The standard of living is low and I have heard it is possible to get women for about $10/-. The only thing is that it is a Muslim Nation and the recent govt. changes mean that they are more Islam oriented than the previous one.The main problem in such countries is that the pimps thrive.

As long as you take care i guess you are fine. Would not suggest that you go there only for sanuking. If you are going on business it is definitely worthwhile trying.

Good luck

Hi!

I recently heard that in Rwanda a lady costs ~1$ and that includes the pimps comission. As an african country I would suspect that they have a much more realxed view on sex than moslem or indeed western countries. A downside ofcourse is the high rate of AIDS. Also the predominat language is French which makes communication impossible unless you are incredibly drunk laugh.gif" border="0.

regards

ALHOLK

HI boogaloo, don't know where you're from, but if you're from Europe, why don't you fly with biman air next time you'll get to Los. They stop-over in Dhaka I guess, so you can check it out no, I'm not kidding). BTW, they're one of the real cheapies, I herad return Frankfurt-BKK for about 400 Euro! Bye, H.

Boogaloo,

I have been in Bangladesh (in 2000) and I believe you must be very masochistic or stupid to go there! BTW, I belong to the stupid category.

It's hard for me to talk about Bangladesh, because it is still very traumatic to me...

Please, do yourself a favour and put Bangladesh out of your mind. You can get NO WOMEN in Bangladesh!!! Maybe if you are Bangladeshi yourself it is possible, but if you are a white foreigner like me all the Bangladeshi men will be very glad to bring you to a brothel, but -as you will find out!-not to serve you, but only to rob you! Also it is impossible to speak to women in Bangladesh: one time I did speak to a woman on the street and immediately some men with sticks as weapon came to me shouting very agressively to me!

Believe me: if you go to a prostitute in Bangladesh you will lose all your money and not see one young women!

After my sheer horror experiences in Bangladesh I went to India. Compared to Bangladesh, India is paradise on earth! Words can not describe how happy I was when I met all the nice Indian people and prostitutes in Calcutta, after having to deal with the utter maffia people in Bangladesh all the time when I was there.

India is also VERY MUCH cheaper than Bangladesh, because in Bangladesh EVERYTHING is MAFFIA! For every step you take and for every breath you take in Bangladesh you, as a rich foreigner, has to pay BIG MONEY to the maffia men. If you are not a dollar millionaire you cannot pay for one ugly prostitute in Bangladesh or even for one simple meal! Of all the countries I have been Bangladesh was by far the most expensive country I have ever been. Actually I had to fled Bangladesh because several men had threatened to kill me, because I didn't want to pay them several thousands of dollars (for nothing in return).

If you like sheer horror and don't care about your life Bangladesh can be very interesting though...

quote:

Originally posted by curiousguy:

Boogaloo,

Compared to Bangladesh, India is paradise on earth! Words can not describe how happy I was when I met all the nice Indian people and prostitutes in Calcutta, after having to deal with the utter maffia people in Bangladesh all the time when I was there.

India is also VERY MUCH cheaper than Bangladesh, because in Bangladesh EVERYTHING is MAFFIA! ...

Curiousguy...did you check out Sonagachi...I have been there a few times...also, Puri In neighboring Orissa state is a vast untapped source of fun.

Cheers

Jaga

Jaganath69,

When I was in Calcutta I visited Sonagachi every day. I liked it, although it didn't meet my high expectations. I had hoped for more young, pretty girls and very low prices of only a few dollar: it turned out to consist of mainly somewhat older women (at least the ones who were standing outside the brothels) and the prices were mediocre, probably because I had to pay the "white men's price". To lower the prices I tried to get rid of all the middle men who buzzed around me all the time, which was hard to do.

I wouldn't go to India for Sonagachi, but it was paradise after my visit to Bangladesh.

BTW, when I was in Bangladesh I had high expectations of a similar red light district located a little outside Dhaka (it was called the largest brothel zone in Asia!), but unfortunately it had recently closed when I was there. Perhaps my experiences in Bangladesh would have been a lot more positive when I could have visited such a red light district, instead of having to go with rickshaw drivers to very criminal establishments.

I have never been outside Calcutta when in India.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

curiousguy has been there and gives it a big thumbs down - i worked there for 20 months and can confirm reality........

don't even think about it.

there are very cheap prostitutes available - you'll see them shagging under some plastic sheeting by the railway lines near where our staff house was in the upmarket area of Dhaka. This may not be quite what you had in mind though???

Anything halfway unrepellant will cost in the region of 100 USdollars equivalent. And this is for a genuinely lousy time.

Now after working every day for 60 days the first time i was tempted enough to try.... so this is experience talking here. Just say no....... never did again. Wanking for 60 days was just fine wink.gif" border="0

Still smile when i stumbled on the lonely planet website when they had a feature on Bangladesh as a hidden gem or somesuch. Bwahahahahhahahah. Words fail me.....

ps don't even think about Biman airlines - noone, NOONE, living in Europe or US who is considering a holiday abroad can possibly be so poor as to need to use them. shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

cheerio

still shuddering thinking about the place...

coops

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: coops ]

It seems that we agree on the fact that Bangladesh is hell on earth for a westerner. I wonder if there are places on earth that are even worse. I can't imagine that: I believe even Afghanistan ruled by the Taliban should have been better than Bangladesh!

Boogoloo

I dated a london born Bengali girl a few years back and this meant that I had to go over there and visit her folks. Please believe me when I say that Bangladesh is no place for sanuking.

If you want to bang a few girls from the Indian subcontinent then either go to India itself or do what I do and just hang out in London where you can chat up Asian Babes in bars and clubs.

Archived