A Message to all English teachers.

Roger

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

I guess some of us take these messages to heart, my post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. I didn't really mean that I wanted English teachers to add this into their lessons....oh well, back to the beach....

Cheers

Hi Roger,

Made a feeble attempt at being tongue in cheek too perhaps referring to Jordy capdrivers. Hmmm ... Perhaps will never master this thing. I'm a bit of an Anglophile but grasping English culture is by all means more difficult than grasping any other culture. I will never master for sure. I've been working in Nigeria for a year and in the end felt capable of understanding Nigerians but I still felt utterly clueless about those English contracors from Sheffield and roughly that latitude. You feel like you're dealing with some secret society.

Neverthless, my favourate bar in BK is this "Dutch" thing on the end of Cowboy. Perhaps we will exchange "secrets" one day. But not anytime soon 'coz my priority is Phils for now. Nevertheless guess I would enjoy knocking down a few proper lagers with you.

Take care

quote:

Originally posted by clickonline:

Perhaps we will exchange "secrets" one day. But not anytime soon 'coz my priority is Phils for now. Nevertheless guess I would enjoy knocking down a few proper lagers with you.

Take care

Just let me know the when, great fish and chips there too...

Cheers

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

Asking for coke might just get you a delivery of drugs...stick with the Koh-la

This reminded me of a story famous among those of us in the ad business. The Coca-Cola Company wanted to introduce a lemon-lime flavored drink to compete with Mountain Dew.

The ad writer presented the name "Mello Yello'. The Coca-Cola execs were afraid of the name saying it made reference to hallucinagenics.

At this point, the ad writer leaned across the table and said 'excuse me, have you ever heard of coke.'

quote:

Originally posted by mushroom:

learn to read thai!!

its spelling goes something like

k-oh-g

so if u say "kohg neung koo-ut kup"

they wont have to ask u twice

I can speak Thai thanks.

But "Coke"is not a thai word, so the Thais should be the one learning how to say it correctly.

Cheers

Archived