Election commission shocker

lembeh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are a real suspicious person, you might think this is a part of very subtle plan to continue the confusion and the TRT dominance.

Note that the EC had several key unfinished actions to take. Some 20 recently elected senators have not been confirmed, conveniently these are almost all vehemently anti-Thaiksin. The recent BMA elections, won overwhelmingly by non-TRT candidates cannot be confirmed until new EC appointed.

Just a different way to look at it.

I guess nothing should surprise us now.

Go back a year in time to 29 July 2005. Would anyone have expected any of this?

The political environment is changing, and not all changes may be for the better. I will provide an example of that in a new thread (continuing an earlier issue) that I will post as soon as this is submitted.

I do think it is important to note that democracy in Thailand is maturing. I truly believe that even as recent as 5 years ago, the military would have stepped in early this year and started shooting people. Even with all the rumors, and the maneuvering, the military is well aware that there is no way they can take any action today. The King has made this very clear.

That is huge step forward for Thailand. :soapbox:

TH

Think what you will about the case, but the real "shocker" (although not that surprising) is this:

BKK Post Article

Excerpt: " Meanwhile, Phahon Yothin police station has reported some progress in identifying 16 people who were seen criticising the court outside the courthouse after the verdict on July 25.

It is possible they could be charged with contempt of court.

The court intends to issue them with summons warrants first, after they have been identified.

Police earlier examined television news footage as they tried to establish their identity and locate the six men and 10 women. They asked television stations to hand over footage of the incident.

Once their identity is known, the court will call them for questioning, Mr Than said. "

That one can be prosecuted for SPEAKING against a court's decision(s) would seem to add to the oxymoronicality of the phrase "Thai democracy". Add to that the website that was censored for its political discussion posts (can't remember the reference), the censoring of books/films/other media and the willy-nilly blocking of "offensive" websites ("the site you are trying to reach cannot be connect") and, pretty soon, we'll have ...

Amerikaaa! :stirthepo:cover:

Archived