Is Jakarta worth a visit?

Belem

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently live in Bangkok, but will be going to Jakarta from December 12-21 with a couple of friends from the States. I've been to Jakarta twice (about 3 years ago), but my friends have never been there. If anybody is interested in going with us, please send me a private message. You'll have to arrange your own flight because we've already booked our tickets.

JGA

Hey Dudes,

Good to see this post is still alive.

I will be in JKT next week but havent been there for so long.

I was thinking of staying around the block m area for some fun. I remember a little hotel next to lane that has heaps of Karaoke bars. Does anyway rate this hotel or remember what its name is / was. I remember is was only a few stories tall and was kind of red or pink on the outside.

If someone on the ground could give me an update on whats new and good I would appreciate it.

Also, any well priced hotels worth staying at whether it be Blok m or out around the Sarina plaza area.

Anyone wanting to catch up for a beer would be cool too.

Thanks

Gado

Thanks Soppy will give it a go.

Are there any descent hotels in the $40-50 region if I decide to extend my stay. Probably something ok around Jaksa I guess for around that but may not be worth it.

Cheers

Gado

Havent been back to Jakarta since Jan 03 but itching to get back some time provided no more hotels are blown up.

Going ThaILAND/Phils in March then back to Phils around July/August so might go back around then as a side trip.

Visited Jakarta last week. Went to a place called the Emporium. I am not sure where it is since it was arranged by someone else. Had a round with a local Indonesian Beauty for Rp750,000/hour. A bit steep when compared to Bangkok, but the girl was pretty and I was looking for something different that a Thai Girl. I also went a second time. But the girl I picked was a bit too young for my taste, tho she claimed to be 18.

Archived