Evidence of onward travel

Hi,

I'll be traveling to LOS from the U.S. with a one-year non-immigrant "B" visa. I'd like to save money and just buy a one-way ticket but am concerned the airline might not let me board the flight. I understand they have a concern of being fined and having to haul me home for free if I'm denied entry for some reason. I know this is an issue with a tourist visa but don't know if the non-imm "B" exempts me from the evidence of onward travel requirement.

I don't think you can save money flying using one way tickets. Look closely at the airline regulations. I just notice that the main airline I fly with will allow you to cash in your ticket if you do not use part of it (for a fee) or use the ticket toward another ticket (for a fee). I have had my ticket reissued in Thailand and never had to pay a fee. This avenue might be worth investigating.

The only problem with getting a return ticket is the cost of getting one with a return one year later will be much more expensive than one with a return within 60 or 30 days. I was considering getting a one way ticket in Sept because I'm not sure how long I'll be over there but it will be at least 6 months. Orbitz offers one way tickets for little more than half the price of a round trip ticket. I decided to use the last of my NWA miles for a round trip ticket and change the return online for a $25 fee.

With a non-Imm B visa you do not have to show proof of onward travel. This is only required when you want to use the vias wavier 30 day entry stamp.

TH

Just print out something off the internet, like you will be taking a "Jack Golf" bus trip to Cambodia...something like this...but most likely you will not need snything.

Archived