Hotel location debate

bodhi

Strictly an internal debate as this is my virgin trip so it's lacking the much needed first-hand knowledge opinion. The debate is this... a hotel near Nana(Majestic Suites-$39) or near Soi Cowboy(Manhattan-$28)? If Nana proves to be the best place to pull from, would the taxi fare to/from the Manhattan balance out the hotel nightly charge? Of course, that sparks another debate, which is better... Cowboy or Nana?

Any experienced advice is welcome.

bodhi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotel - better to stay near Nana, far better choice than Cowboy, MS, Nana or upmarket Landmark, Marriott

Nightlife - I prefer Cowboy but do like Nana

Taxi fare - A no brainer its about 45/50 baht nana to cowboy or you could go one way on the skytrain and get taxi back

I think you should select your hotel based upon other factors than location. You're looking at walking distance between the two points for any able-bodied person.

I only use a taxi between the two when it's late, there's no traffic, and the bars are about to close.

Or, of course, when I'm with a bargirl.

I, personally, am more comfortable around Cowboy and 33, than Nana or Patpong. Totally up2u.

Thanks to all that replied and shared their opinion.

It seems that either location would be fine. I didn't realize that Cowboy and Nana were so close to each other. Some maps can be a little deceiving.

Very true, Bang Saen Guy. I would be in trouble if THB35 was a factor in the budget. I was more interested in discovering which hotel/area is preferred by the vets.

bodhi

Archived