Hotel location debate

bodhi

I concur with Nervous_Dog.

Nana Hotel.

Just to say you stayed there. Absolutely.

Later, you can always go upscale or downscale. Or just around the corner.

And don't discard that coupon the Nana Hotel gives you upon arrival for a free drink. That alone shows you that this hotel has class! I still have a coupon from 1996 and it is way too late for that free drink at the bar at the Nana Hotel.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep stay at Nana,

I still stay there every time I go to Bangkok.

It might not be the best hotel as its getting abit aged, especially that green carpet.

But its in such a great location.

When I go to Soi Cowboy, I always walk there from Nana. Plenty Of places to visit on the walk down Sukhumvit rd.

JungleBunny :cool:

Nana and the Manhattan are about a 5 minute walk from each other, if that, so the distance to Cowboy is pretty much a moot point.

I much prefer the Manhattan myself.

about 5 minutes? :shocked: do you prepare yourself for the Olympic Marathon race in Beijing 2008? ;)

Mr Bodhi:

As you can see from the above posts, being closer to cowboy or nanaplaza is not an issue. You can get to either place quickly by taxi, skytrain, motocycle. And the walk is not too bad though it can cause you to work up a sweat which you will sometimes want to avoid.

The most important aspect of choosing a hotel on lower Sukumvit IMO is how close you are to things during the day. Both Cowboy and NP open later in the day and the NP gogos don't get started until early evening. So be careful not to stay where there is nothing to do during the day.

For me personally, I like to stay between Soi 3 and Soi 11 (or between soi 4 and soi 8 if staying on the other side of Sukumvit, its all the same area). There are several places to play pool down there, restaurants and basically there is alot of people down that way. You also have several beer bars on soi 4 loaded with girls, and if you are man enough you can contribute to the business income of some of the freelancers at the beergarten on soi 7. Gulliver's has a few freelancers daytime (and a huge number at night time). I could go on and on about all the different daytime bars in that area. Enough so that if you get in trouble with a young lady in one bar or spot, you can easily hide out in several others. You can go from any bar to any other bar within 5 minutes walking.

Never stayed at majestic suites but have eaten in their lobby and the hotel always gets good reviews on this board. And it definitely is a good location for a first time or even an experienced sanuker. Its a 30 second walk from majestic to soi 4.

Outside of the area i described, you should know that not far from cowboy is washington square which has beer bars open during the day. That place has never attracted me. Though i should say my visits there have been rare so never really gave it a chance. There are probably a few things to do near cowboy by day but i don't know what they are.

If some vets give a rundown of what to do by day near cowboy that would make for an interesting thread.

In fact you need 2 hotels/serviced apartments.

one on the 3-5-7 sois number to go the right places situated on these side of sukhumvit.

So u get access to soi cowboy, soi33, ekamai etc..

another on the 2-4-6 sois so u can come back easily without having to change side or far worse to make a u turn somewhere.

This side is convenient for the NEP lovers and pool bars-coliseum etc...

-> not totally joking

Archived