Tokyo sanuk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A $100 soapland experience may seem great and may indeed satisfy the novice, but the going rate at a proper soapland *starts* at several times that amount.

Unless you speak decent Japanese, go with a Japanese friend, and don't stick out too badly, then any sanuk venue (mizu-shoubai--"water trade") in Japan into which you as a non-Japanese can gain entry is not providing you with an authentic experience. Period.

Now, that's not to say that a non-authentic experience is bad. Or that one must go the mizu-shoubai route to get laid in Japan. But you must realize that as a tourist you will be either (a) constrained to places that "accept foregners" (mizu-shoubai route) or (B) a fetish for a certain class of Japanese ladies.

As others have pointed out, it certainly is possible to have fun there. But you will have to look for it and in general you will have to settle for what you can find. And if you manage to penetrate the native scene in any measure, be prepared to pay.

On the positive side, it's almost inconceivable to have guest hassles at a hotel in Tokyo.

quote:

Originally posted by abbot thong:

froggie

cheers for the link. don't understand a word of suiggle though!!!

hoping my arsenal shirt will be the passport to free nookie
wink.gif" border="0

That site is for a so-called "image club" -- meaning more or less a dress-up fantasy thing. In this case for school-girls.

Some of the items are:

* Observing them doing every-day things in phys-ed class; 10 minutes 2,000/3,000 yen.

* Conversation in a classroom: 10 minutes 2,000/3,000 yen.

* Watching a girl take a piss: 10 minutes 5,000/6,000 yen.

* home confinement course: 50 minutes, 14,000/16,000 yen.

* Administering discipline course: 80 minutes, 22,000/24,000 yen.

This particular club is in Kabukicho and there's no way in hell that any non-Japanese would ever get through the door except in almost inconceivably special circumstances.

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: TEDBKK ]

Standard Japanese experiences include

"kyabakura" -- cabaret club, a hostess bar sometimes including a floor show. Emphasis on chat, girls occasionally may agree to meet outside if they like you. About US$100 per hour. Japanese language skills absolutely positively required.

"ran-pabbu" -- lingeree pub, at which the girls are scantily clad and where you can feel them up at prescribed "show times." About US$75 per hour to enter and another $50 per hour in tips to the girls. Japanese language skills usually required but some places are more lax than others. Girls will not speak English.

"pinkku saron" -- a catch-all term for venues randier than the ran pabbu, typically with a theme such as sexual harassment clubs, etc. Pricing similar to the ran pabbu. Japanese language skills usually required but some places are more lax than others.

"herusu" -- so-called "health clubs" where the main thing they're worried about is the health of your joint as it spews. YSFMV (your sleaziness factor may vary). English may be spoken, esp. if you get a sleazier place with Chinese "talent."

"Soupu rando" -- soap lands. The starting price at a normal soapland is a couple hundred bucks, and prices of over $1000 are not unheard of.

"sunakku" -- a different class of hostess bar, more intimate, more focused on providing girls for sexual services. Typically if not exclusively Chinese and Korean ladies (some clubs specialize in Filipino or other types as well), going rate is 10,000 yen for entry/drinking, 30,000 yen for ST, 40,000 for LT. Tend to be more flexible about who's allowed in and girls may speak some English. Highly variable -- YMMV.

"ime-kura" -- image clubs, by which they mean dress-up fantasy things. IE, the girls dress up like secretaries and you can go fondle them or watch them piss.

"sutorippu" -- strip clubs. Not really a Japanese experience. For about US$30 (or more if the touts can get it from you) you get to sit in a basement with a bunch of drunken Korean and Chinese tourists in theater-like seating kept at arm's length from the single showgirl, except when she poses for polaroids with members of the audience after her routine.

And there are others. Tokyo is so big that very narrow tastes and fetishes can be catered to, and if you can think of it, there's somewhere in Tokyo doing it.

Have fun, but watch your wallet. Seriously, your TV would cost a lot less if Japanese companies weren't spending huge yen schmoozing each other in Kabukicho and Ginza.

Ted,

Apreciate the translation for the web site - my Japanese friends translated the same thing for me while I was there. Your translation brought back good memories.

Yes, it is an image place - my girl dressed up in a Budweiser costume - and gaijin can indeed get in with ease. I went with a Japanese friend and had a spectacular time, though 2 days earlier a tout outside the same place tried to get me in there as well. It is very gaijin friendly. As you correctly note, it is in the heart of Kabukicho.

Upon leaving with a big old grin on my face, the manager presented me with his card, which had the url mentioned above. There is a map on the site as well.

Cheers,

froggo

quote:

Originally posted by abbot thong:

Got enough airmiles for a free flight to Tokyo/Japan

Use it to come to the Fuji Rock Festival! 4 nights in a field with maybe 30,000 J-girls - and a few good bands!

LG

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

I do wonder why so many Japanese clubs refuse entry to use white foreigners? For a renowned polite and civilised race they're certainly descriminating there. Could never see Japanese guys being refused entry to any clubs in UK. Getting hassle from the locals in Ritzy's yes, but not being refused entry :-)

• 2 weeks later...

when I was in osaka its true you can find many japanise women, that will go with you for free!! I did get in a few japanese only clubs ... vary expensive ...I am luckey in that I have this look ...I am of mixed races and people can not guess what race.. I am I am part english/black american indian.. and it was funnie how i got into, some of the clubs.. much as I have got in some sad clubs in chicago, that let italians or mexicans in but no blacks.. till i started talking trying to get a better deal.. then they asked me to speek japanese and I was found out..anyhow I saved a fortune!! thank god for thailand....the best bet. in japan is with the real women... you can meet on the train.. or shopping some real nice ladys..that will love to hang out with you no problim.. cool.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: togaduke ]

with the japanese economy in the tank for the past 10 years how does the ave japanese guy afford severall hundred dollars for a few hours in one of these places???..I have alot of japanese on the web and know the salaries these guys make..I guess its not much different than all the ave thais driving BMWs!!..amazing!

Archived