Correcting the display on movie AVI downloads

Palatkik

Looks like you have a codec problem. AVI can be all kinds of codec, you are sure the needed codec is installed? A nice tool named GSpot can check the files codec and if it's installed. Can be found for download in many places

I use the K-lite mega codec pack from http://www.codecguide.com/, it contains GSpot as well.

Btw, which player you are using? you tried a different player

Excellent response carlton68 and I appreciate the help. I have been using WinXPâ??s media player 10 along with Real Player and some other DVD players, all rendered the same result. Over time I have also downloaded additional codecs to play files that didnâ??t play so I have had a bit of a mash up of media software installs, but your link to K-lite mega codec pack seems to have made things so much simpler.

The avi file still looks the same though so maybe just a problem avi file that I got with torrent. Anyway everything lse still looks good so will stick with this K-lite codec package for now.

Yes, Iâ??m using the K-lite mega codec pack with its Media Player Classic thanks to your suggestion. It made no difference to AVI file in question, so not sure what was going on there.

Anyway it was just a one off AVI file and I was able to watch it clearly converted to wmv format which solved my problem in that case. Also I now have a better all round codec pack on my PC I guess with the K-Lite pack than I was messing with before. So thanks.

Archived