DV camera

buddha

Emporium, up stairs might have them...Sony store, Phanthip plaza...what is the name of that place on Sukhumvit, near Tops, maybe Soi3??passed 33 maybe..."Electric Avenue" or some such name? There were also tons of high end electronic shops in Ploenchit center, Sukhumvit Soi 2, but I think they are all gone now.

Where would be the best place to purchase a DV camera in Bangkok. I would really like to get an NTSC camera if possible.

What shop would have the best selection, accessories, and pricing...

thanks

Might be worth a trip to Singapore, check the duty free there, also the many camera shops in the city (Cathay Camera, has been good).

If you plan to send some $$$, the a low cost air ticket to S'pore might not break the budget.

However, the mail order camera shops in the USA (New York) are usually the world-wide cheapest, IMO, as I have bought several cameras. Just get a USA photo magazine and check the ads. There are many shop listed! or internet listings (google).

I am familiar with several places to get a DV camera in bangkok....rather than looking around I was hoping that there would be a 'best place'......apparently there is not.

I will look around this weekend and post my findings.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a first rate shop in Bangkok that specializes in video.....and a shop that has almost the same quality but a reputation for beating its prices

Archived