Want to Buy Appartment/Condo

sidsanuk

Hi,

Quick background is....Live in Australia, own business here with an office in Bangkok. Thai wife, travel to Bangkok on business 4-5 times a year. Will probably work more in Bangkok as business picks up and may even retire there eventually.

I would like to get on the first rung of the property market, by getting something small in Bangkok. I would then use this for business trips for myself and other staff, hopefully saving a packet in Hotel costs. We (the business) probably use 150+ hotel nights a year. Would rather be paying that money towards a mortgage!

So I am looking around for an appartment/condo (what is the difference).

It would need to be 2 x bedroom, 2 x bathroom. Living/dining area and kitchen. Fairly new or reburbished. Ideally not too far from busines areas of Ploenchit (preferred)or maybe Silom. So sky train access within 300 m would be good. And maybe a radius of 6-7 sky train stations from Ploenchit. Quiet area if possible, so maybe some way down a side soi. (ie Stayed at Grand President in Suk Soi 11 last week and was surprised how quiet it was. Had a big room/appartment style that would fit the bill perfectly if two bedrooms).

No real idea of price range but would hope to get something up to a max of Baht 8m, but hopefully a lot less. Prices on the web seem to be 4-8m.

Any sugestions on suitable areas, buildings, agents, tips and traps would be most welcome. Is it best to get a Thai (my wife) to front the purchase? Do farangs end up paying more?

Would also be keen to get some kind of maid service provided, so when staff are using it the beds get made, place gets cleaned, laundry etc. I suspect that might best be arranged personally, or maybe buildings/agencies provide that too?

Any help and ideas appreciated.

Sid

Hard to get that price in a new place for a 2 bedroom in the city center. Try a bit outide.. I know of 2 bedroom= 78 sq meter place at on nut BTS (400 metes away) for about 2-3 million. But would not recommend it since you have a high chance of being scammed. But thought i would mention it to give you a price range.

Hard to get that price in a new place for a 2 bedroom in the city center. Try a bit outide.. I know of 2 bedroom= 78 sq meter place at on nut BTS (400 metes away) for about 2-3 million. But would not recommend it since you have a high chance of being scammed. But thought i would mention it to give you a price range.

I guess as it is on the BTS, On Nut would not be too bad. Price is certainly good. What is the scamming that goes on??

Take a look at adds in the bkk post i looked at the show flats at empire place CBD the building will be finished Nov 2008 and they were stunning .

Lots of realy nice new builds happening in bkk please post up how you get on .

I'll certainly check the BKK Post. Not easy to get here though. Hopefully they have an online version.

Just been looking on Acute Reality. Seems to be quite a few around mid Suk (22-40) for around 5-6 million. Hard to tell exact locations from the address, but I guess BKK is like everywhere else in the World. Price is dictated by location...location...loocation!

Sorry guys. Still working out the mechanics of this new board! I now realise that this topic has been covered fairly extensively in the past.

Lots of good stuff going back over the last year or two. THe general consensus seems to be....don't buy an appartment or condo (also found what the difference is).

So might look at houses, land to build a house (wife is Thai, so can be in her name)or just leave it till we want to retire in BKK and buy at the time.

I have a few friends in Thailand in BKK Suk who have been there for a while and are trying to sell their Condos at a loss, Westerner get taken for a ride when buying condos or houses pay too much and if you put it in the wifeâ??s name good by house after divorce, that why Iâ??m renting when I move to Thailand full time, I can move to a different part of Thailand when I want to.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::condom:

Archived