Whatever happened to the London Contingent?

Ckrisg

Believe it or not Sayjan - but as far as music is concerned, Thailand is pretty bloody good. With MP3s and the like it's easy for people passing through to download onto PCs in the bars and so on but it's the back catalogue Old Skool (aaagh!) stuff that really entertains. UBC (satellite TV) has a pretty good selection of tunes on its 'radio' setting. Classic 70's Rock you would die for. Really, it's that good. Much better than their TV output and that's for sure!

A lot of my friends are from the US and it's fun comparing notes and likes and dislikes. There is a lot of common ground - even punk!

It's true what they say though...after a while every song seems to turn into Creedence Clearwater Revival (and there's nowt wrong with that!!!)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks lads

Nice to find where you all are, Sayjann sorry I missed you knew you were of the LC although we have never met.

Chelseafan we have met a couple of times once in the famous Kings Head and once in Big Dogs.

Carew, Mike from the Kings Head told me when I was waiting on you and Spirit (always fuc........ late) that I had been given the OK to drink there as I was with You and Spirit, fu..... scary.

Me I'm back from a four month stay in LOS where I sunk a few with Lusty, Sileakhunt, VI and Kipster great days. Looking for job and waiting to get back. :)

Sorry Carew we never got together next time we can do Soi Yodsak.

Where is Spirit, he calls me every now and again but its been along time since we had a drink.

sayjann - seems I'm(aka ib13) not mentioned either - hardly surprising given I probably didn't attend more than a handful of meetings :drunk:

anyways as I never managed to bang any thais, chinese etc. in london I fucked off & doubt I'll ever return :cover:

see yo around in LOS next month anyone?

Well, all this nostalgia is quite wonderful and makes me feel quite aglow.

I'll be back in the United Condom in April or May for as short a time as I can. We should all get together along with some of the new people on the board who I am sure would get a lot out of beers and laughs at a Central-ish location (remember though that we all travelled to Nottingham for THAT weekend.)

Bugger that - get it started up again NOW!

SOTH doesn't get on the computers as much as he used to but I know he's up for get togethers with a theme of anything 'Thailand'.

i remember the Bar,even though i was rather pickled.

i seem to remember we had a young half Thai Girl with us and she,Lusty and i stayed at Spirit's place that Night.

if you are back in the UK next Year then send us dates and i will certainly travel to have a beer with you.

hopefully a few of the guys could get together again.

Chelseafan.

we must get together for a beer and see if my memory comes back.

we could always meet Nov 26th for a few..........MU v Chelsea.

i imagine it would be on TV?.

unless you are going to the match?.

Archived