chinese food

Can someone give me the names of their favourite chinese restaurants in Bangkok and Phuket-I particularly like szechuan and Hunan food.

Also,some Burmese and Vietnamese restaurants,particularly for khos-we.

too bad we have to come up with the names, I favor a chinese place in Bkk with outstanding food. even their fried rice with crab is a winner.

also, the egg plant with ground pork ( very spicy/aeromatic) is wonderful.

easy place to find though. ( maybe someone here knows the name)

its by Monument traffic circle, in the buildings behind the buss stop area. ( group of buildings across from where robinsons was)

its on 2 floors, upstairs is where they serve the food. ( even have a seperate room for smoakers, so the "stench" does not corrupt the enjoyment of the food)

Hope my directions are ok, Easy place to find if you are on foot and like to explore a bit.

quote:

Originally posted by pasathai:

easy place to find though. ( maybe someone here knows the name)

its by Monument traffic circle, in the buildings behind the buss stop area. ( group of buildings across from where robinsons was)

Hope my directions are ok, Easy place to find if you are on foot and like to explore a bit.

Don't know the name of the place but can vouch for their food, It's a couple of doors away from 7-eleven if i remember right.

Cheers

Roger

Glad to hear I am not the only one that likes this place. I mite add also, very good service, never had to wait long for food

( or the bin)

tough to read the sign as I remember it also, since it is narrow soi in front of it, and can't stand back far enough to see the sign

( that and the fact it is in chinese) smile.gif" border="0

All-

I like the chinese restaurant in the Shangri-La hotel.. pricey, yes, but excelent food and truely first class service.. The crispy duck skin is a winner with me everytime...

--UPSer

And if you are into dim sum, MK suki is a big chain that in addition to sukiyaki, has a pretty fair dim sum selection. Most of the time they do the carts that you can just point to what you want. Besides MK, I have run across a number of Chinese restaurants with really good dim sum. Surprised how easy it is to find.

Archived