luk krung at risk for autism

mogul

Oh, and by the way, while I cannot access the full text of the article (its restriced access), I was able to find the "Instructions to authors" for papers that are submitted to *that* journal (Archives of General Psychiatry), in those instructions is the following:

Statistical Analysis. Include a statistical analysis section under â??Methodsâ? that fully describes the application of each statistical procedure used. If a test is used that is not commonly presented in the Archives, briefly describe its purpose and how it is to be interpreted. Results should report the test statistic (eg, �2, F, or t value), degrees of freedom, and P value or confidence limits. Measures of central tendency (eg, means) should be accompanied by measures of variability (eg, SDs).

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/misc/ifora.dtl#StatisticalAnalysis

I think you have absolutely no idea of what you are babbling about.

-j-

That *really* is a misleading header on this thread. "Luk krung" are *not* at a higher risk for autism. Children of *older fathers* are at a higher risk of autism, and this is irrespective of nationality/race etc, and indeed independent of the mothers age (which is quite surprising).

You really should change that header if you can.

-j-

i guess i should have posed it as a question rather than a blanket statement. my apologies.

My buddy (old father by the way) has a luk krung child who is an autist.

In certain areas he is extremely knowledgeable. He is known among friends as the encyplopedia. He just lack social skills.

I remember an episode last year. My buddy was riding a cab from don muang. Forgot his cell phone in the cab whick he found out few minutes after the cab left. He was making a lot of noise about being so careless, but was interrupted by his son: "Would it help if you had the license plate number and the number of his ID, displayed on the dashboard?" :)

Actually I don`t find the header by the OP so misleading afterall - not because they are luuk krung but for the reasons listed below:

Wouldn`t you agree that a large percentage of farang marrying thai women are significantly older than their spouse? Yours truly included by the way.

And many father a luuk krung at a rather ripe age?

Judging from posts on this board it certainly seems to be the case and also judging from the RLs I know of.

cheers

hua nguu

Somewhat interesting as it goes against what i learned from my father growing up...

In the 60's through the 80's, it was a common belief that women over 35 and even greater risk over 40 for having autistic children. There was never any dialogue about the age of the father playing any role in the risk factors..

This was a generally accepted belief in the medical profession and important because doctors did influence and advise women and couples about age as a risk factor...

CB

Archived