Oriental Dinner Cruise

Man at Work

I once took the "cruise" back from Ayuttaya, some years back, quite nice! Ran about 1200bht or so, bus ride up, tour and cruise with buffet back. As for the Oriental, I've never been,but from what I hear it is o.k. Just about anything they do is pretty good. An older couple I know went on it last year and liked it.

All--

I have taken the Oriental Hotel's Dinner cruise and thought it was excellent. Service was first class (Oriental quality 100%), food was excellent (both western and thai) and of course the views!

Here's a link to the [Mandarin] Oriental Hotels site that talks about the cruise and it's specifics... Enjoy!

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotelsite/frameset.asp?pHotelId=6&pWebCatId=6000003&pLevel=1&pResvFlag=0&pHotelSite=1&pUserSessionId=985440667

-UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: UPSer ]

I took a dinner cruise with a friend in December from the Riverside Hotel(across the river from the Grand Palace). 2.5-3hr cruise, ordered off the menu, decent food, disco downstairs in the boat and drank lots of beer - 900 baht total for 2. The grand President tour desk wanted about 1500-2000 baht per person including transport and buffet. The cruise I took couldn't have been better. I highly recommended it

Hi Old Hippie,

We just went to the Riverside Hotel which is just across the river from the Grand Palace.I'm not sure of the actual address.We just showed up and got a table on the boat(outside). We actually got there a little early and had a few drinks at the hotel patio bar. As far as I now it is just the RiverSide cruise(not to be confused with River City by the Oriental). I think the actual cruise was like 100 baht per person and then you paid for your food and drinks. The cruise went from the hotel to the Farmers Bank building and back. Mainly Thai on board. The boat was great(and clean and classy) with a disco thing down stairs. You just order off the menu and they serve any kind of liquor.

Archived