Steak Tartar anyone??

Roger

This is one thing I have never tried, could someone enlighten me. I understand it is raw minced beef. Any spices in it?? I have had a few dishes with raw beef here in Thailand but they are usually mixed with chilies etc.

Any place to get Steak Tartar in Bangkok??

Cheers

Roger

There are many variations, but my favourite sort of uses the same ingredients as caesar salad dressing: olive oil, raw egg, dijon mustard, garlic, worcestershire sauce ,tabasco, capers and maybe a splash of brandy for good measure. Classically served with melba toast or fried rye bread. Awesome stuff. Any good French restaurant in BKK should be able to whip some up for you.

quote:

Any place to get Steak Tartar in Bangkok??

Roger,

Go to Bei Otto, Suk' Soi 20 opp Windsor Suites. They mix the steak tartar at your table so you can specify what ingredients you want. Served with German bread.

Very enjoyable.

Cheers

Eat last visit 'Bei Otto' because tilac wanted to go (She loves hotdog = Wienerwürstchen wink.gif" border="0 ). Food ok, but afterwards i wished that i could be able to talk my mother into come to BKK to open a german-restaurant. If you love 'Otto' then you would want to marrie her on the spot after you finished dinner. Sorry couldnt resist. laugh.gif" border="0

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: mupfel ]

Archived