A Wanted Poster-- and a warning to all

gene1944

Gadfly,

Yes, the paper had a lot of interesting points and to me showed a lot about why there are such differences in the way people/tourists/expats feel about the subject. It is why I highlighted so many passages in it that I thought helped explain, or at least gave pause for thought, about these things. Nothing to do battle about really, but still an interesting topic to discuss here and I do wish there was more info and stats we could see that might help us come to some conclusions, personal or group. To me it helped see this in a better light.

In all though I do think peoples perceptions are formed by their personal experiences and the experiences of those they know. It is like we see many times with various topics here. It is hard to change peoples perceptions through argument once their perceptions have hardened in their minds to be the 'right' stance on a certain topic. :) I found it interesting and fascinating how people think about violence and what causes them to avoid a certain place over another, and how some actually like the fact that there might be an element of danger or risk. Reading through it showed many insights into the topic.

Cent

p.s. None of my replies in this have been a personal attack. We agree to disagree at times is all. :up: :grin:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE********************UPDATE

I am the original poster.

The picture/poster is again posted on the front window of the internet place in the tunnel alley btwn soi 5 and soi 7. There are two posters one with the details in Thai and and the other in English.

It is the internet place that also has a travel agency in the same quarters I think. Anyway, there are only 2 internet places there.

The picture is almost distorted-looking and so don't think the gal knew it was being taken. It was definitely not a posed picture.

Offer is still 10,000 baht for reporting her identity to the police.

Archived