A Wanted Poster-- and a warning to all

gene1944

This week, there was a wanted poster on a window in the short passage way near Sukhumvit between Soi 5 and Soi 7 where the Tunnel bar is located. The poster included a picture of a woman about 35-40 years old, nicely dressed in a dark blue suit with a striped blouse and looking very normal, like a professional business woman. She did not look like a hooker.

The ad was posted by a Japanese gent who wants to find the identity of the girl. He had been drugged and then robbed of everything except his cell phone (containing the posted picture). He offered a 10,000 baht reward for the womanâ??s identity.

The same thing happened to a farang friend of mine several months ago. He was drugged and knocked out for four days.

When he awoke, he had very significant medical problems from his inactivity for that long a period of time. Everything of value had been taken from him (laptop, cameras, phones, money, etc).

He was in good health when this started, was extremely fit and liked to jog. He ended up in a hospital for several weeks and had one operation and extended treatments for his other ailments. About a month later, he left for the USA to get medically checked out there.

His total cost for losses and medical treatment was $15,000 USD while in Thailand. The doctor at the hospital was not able to determine the drug used to knock him out. My friend thinks the drug was put into his coffee by the woman. This did not happen in a bar and the guy very rarely drank or even went to the bars.

Be careful out there.

Be very careful.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same thing happened to a friend of mine last week. Met the girl outside of Big Dogs. Took her to Nana disco, and for some food, woke up 15 hours after I talked to him last...was really dazed from it aLL. Went with him to make the police report, the cop said thery are getting more of these reports, and are alarmed as this drug(s) could kill.

Oddly in my friends case, the girl took money (USA, Phillipine, HKG and Thai) an ATM, a Credit card, and oddly left the phones and a digital camera.

As further info:

the girl who spiked my friend's coffee spoke very good English and told him she was a flight attendent for Singapore Airline. Her clothes somewhat resembled a flight attendent's outfit according to him. She also said she was originally from the Phillipines and that is why her English was so good. There is doubt as to whether she was really a Filipina.

gene1944 by chance do you know where the person met this 'criminal'?

You start out with: She did not look like a hooker, can you explain to the board what a hooker looks like, and if there are exceptions? Please don't feel this is an attack. I get what you are saying, but how many non hookers are introducing themselves to people in that area regardless of what they look like?

I mean who among us has any doubt that ANY female introducing herself to you within any p4p area in bangkok has as one of her goals 'How can I separate this bloke from his money?"

Since the 'wanted poster' was posted right in the middle of 'whore-ville' I would assume that he met this lady there or nearby, I mean no sense of posting it where she wouldn't be seen again.

Passed out for four days, that is intense, I truly hope he is ok.

Say where does one pass out in Bangkok where all of their valuables are present. Not her room, maybe his room....or did he bring all of his valuables to a stangers room.

Okay so this poor unfortunate guy, once again I hope he is okay, but he sounds kinda dumb.

Old Hippie: "Took her to Nana disco, and for some food, woke up 15 hours later...."

Where did he wake up? At the table?

I think you leave out the crucial common info here. Tell me that he didn't take the stranger, who happens to be a whore [no way to really sugarcoat that part], to his hotel room.

Torney boy you are correct: "never leave a drink unattended..."

Trooper you sum it up nicely: "I am not brave enough to play with freelancer whores in Sukhumvit after all the shit that has happened to my friends."

Thats just what is happening here....some guys are playing a game that they think is nice and tidy, without consequence, and if you play the game dumb you get worked over....

Again I think a case of an 'easy mark' vs. 'it's getting dangerous here'.

Old Hippie: "Took her to Nana disco, and for some food, woke up 15 hours later...."

Where did he wake up? At the table?

I think you leave out the crucial common info here. Tell me that he didn't take the stranger, who happens to be a whore [no way to really sugarcoat that part], to his hotel room.

ehh, punters do that all the time you know, BGs, GoGo girls, freelancers, whatever....

That really shouldn`t come as a surprise to you.

hn

Archived