Favourite brand of fruit juice?

bibblies

(I'm not sure if this should be a poll question or simply reside here.)

I'm sure others have had this problem, standing in the shop looking at the myriad selection on display:

Malee, Tipco, Unif, UFC, Granador, Chabaa, NaturGif..

Why do they have so darn many? I'm the kind of finickty guy that has to ponder my way through them, so it costs me 5 minutes each trip.

I haven't tried them all, but I strongly suspect that Malee is shite, with Unif and UFC being recent favourites. NaturGif scores strongly with its "no concentrates" boast, but it's not cheap.

Why do they have so many

Long Gun--

Soon you will be like me... pondering the various selections of botteled and/or mineral water... which one tastes better? which one is better with drinks? which one's bottle is easiest to opena and carry?

See the questions are limitless.. crazy.gif" border="0

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by SoiledCowboy:

Forget the supermarket shelf stuff and go for the freshly sqeezed orange juice from selected street vendors - selected, because it all tastes slightly different from each vendor, find the right one and it's nearly as refreshing as the evening Carlsbergs .......

Some vendors add sugar water to stretch the OJ. mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

Aye, the Unif 100% vegetable/fruit mix is an extremely pleasant way to kick off the day. Jeez, has my life here really become so mundane that I am contributing to threads like this?!?

LG

It's worse for me! I started the thread! blush.gif" border="0

Upser - "Soon you will be like me... pondering the various selections of botteled and/or mineral water... which one tastes better? which one is better with drinks? which one's bottle is easiest to opena and carry?" - that's me too. I was considering a poll on that too.. wink.gif" border="0

I have been looking for ages to find a decent orange juice in Thailand. All of the bottled and carton ones taste weak and un-orangey. I have finally found a woman who squeezes her own and adds a little salt to the juice. Expensive at 20 baht for a small bottle but I know it's all orange juice. The salt helps in the heat too.

I've stopped buying branded juice as it is just a dissapointment.

A recent entry to Villa/Foodland is from Australia, P&N Juice.

Has a more sour taste than the normal imported or local 100% orange juices, which I like.

They also have an Apple juice.

I guess you can add me to the list of posters who are serious about their juices !

A quick look into the 'fridge reveals:

Tomato juice

Apple juice

Prune juice

Cranberry juice

Orange juice

and Vegetable juice

Wow, somebody needs to send me home - quick!

We have coffee mornings in the Home Counties of England to discuss such topics.

Pom Michael - Prune Juice? I went through a fibre-phase and I used to drink gallons of prune juice in England to be healthy and regular (it tasted like s**t). I want to be healthy once more. Is it Sunsweet Prune Juice you buy? frown.gif" border="0 Can you buy the super high fibre prune juice here (yes I am sad enough to read the fibre content on the label). I'm not drinking that foul stuff unless I know it’s doing me good!

Archived