Brazilian Ju-Jitsu

Old Hippie

O.k. I know some guys here are into Martial arts, thought I'd post this. As some of you know, I am heavily into Muay Thai as a fan and practicioner. As a fan I am great, as a practioner, I am hardly worth mentioning. That said, the gym I train at also offers Gracie (Brazilian) Ju-Jitsu. Today I decided to give it a try.

The trainer paired me up with a partner litterly half my size. The idea was to show me that it is about leverage, pressure and speed more than strength. We warmed up did a few basics, then the lesson started, put arm here, pull there, pressure here, less there...Arm lock, pop lock, "brother grip" etc...then we did some take downs, shoulder here, pull here, lower...down and up. I caught on, and tossed my partner to the mat, and arm locked them! Yeah!

Now their turn. I throw a few jabs, next thing I know, I am doubled down, turned, and arm locked. We get up, I am singled down, reverse arm locked. Up, I am picked up (all 2++never mind how many pounds of me) Spun sideways, and dropped, and leg locked...I'm telling you, these Norwegian girls are tough and can fight! Then it hits me, guys pay top dollar to get busted up like this by a Nordic Broad, I'm getting it cheap, can't wait till next week!

Archived