Safety and p4p: The extreme final ultimate polll

MaiLuk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is from Udon Thani? Those girls use love potions they get from the thai version of witch doctors. That explains why you are now no longer in control. You are in the grips of drug induced temporary love insanity.

Now I see i screwed up my poll. I should have included being the victim of love potion as a serious incident.

as far as I know I have not come close to disaster in BKK ,

But then you never know what might have been planned and did not work out for the bad guys ,

I am not a drinker and am not out at 4am on Suk , so I think that keeps the odds down ,

Time and location have alot to do with it , along with drink

OC

Those concoctions are the real thing. Everyone is always talking about how stupid farang fall for a BG and give up the plot. And refuse to listen to reason.

Stupid has nothing to do with it. Its the love potions.

Yeah surin and buriram make the most potent stuff. Alot of girls swear it works but many are afraid to use it. The drawback for the girl is that by using these evil forces, bad things happen to the girl. The most common is that the girl will get sick or her face takes on an ugly aspect over time.

All of polls here are, to some extent, necessarily flawed, and I therefore think we should have a poll to identify the silliest poll here yet. I nominate this poll.

It really is a hoot. :grinyes: A final poll to end any discussion or mention of any violent incidents in Thailand??? You have to ask why some are so desparate to stifle any discussion on this subject?

It obviously won't work. Something will happen in a few weeks or a month and someone will post about it. And then some members here will automatically, as a matter of reflex, dispute the bona fides of the post, irrespective of whether it sounds true or not, and others, like me, will provide a more balanced perspective, saying, "we don't know about this specific incident, but it could happen in Thailand". The entire discussion, and that comment in particular, will infuriate some members, who will take extreme positions, say something stupid and demonstrably untrue, like, "Thailand is safer than the US by any metric", and post what they claim to be the conclusive, final final definitive statement on the issue and demand that others post no more on the matter. That seems to be the cycle. This poll is just a sillier variant of this last stage of the cycle.

The posts I am seeing now on the subject say less about violent incidents in Thailand and more about the psychology - and perhaps financial interests? - of some of our members.

All of polls here are, to some extent, necessarily flawed, and I therefore think we should have a poll to identify the silliest poll here yet. I nominate this poll.

OTOH, there has probably never been a poll on nanaplaza.com where some poster did not make the anal retentive comment that "this poll is flawed". :grinyes:

The poll is designed to determine the limited question of how many serious incidents occurred during 100 visits to the scene. Don't know why you think there is more to it than that. The poll is not designed to stifle your discussion of violence in LOS in general. You may carry on.

Also, if you were not so defensive, you would have noticed that the results in no way support my prediction that the scene is 99% safe.

With 78 votes in, 5 have experienced 2 or more serious incidents. Thats 6.4% of the persons responding, much higher than I anticipated. Since we all know i am never wrong, the fact that my prediction was wrong is an extraordinary event. Time for a drink :beer:

So the poll could be used by you to support your thesis (if we gathered your posts on violence it would fill up a thesis paper lol) that the place is not safe for tourists. Or at least not safe for mongers. Of course another might say that 93.6% had one or less serious incidents so the place is safe. Depends on your outlook.

Gummi said:

Sorry, I think this poll is stupid.

There is no basis for comparison because how many of you guys use these services in your home country?

The good thing about this poll is that it eliminates comparisons which, in the absence of solid statistics, is always a matter of opinion. In fact the poll asks for no opinions. Its strictly a mathematical question, i.e. "how many times..." The responses give us a % of incidents occurred per 100 visits to the scene.

The poll does not ask people to make a comparison so your comment is a non-sequiter.

Archived