Safety and p4p: The extreme final ultimate polll

MaiLuk

Gentlemans:

We are putting this safety issue to rest for good (yeah right).

I say danger encountered in the p4p scene is 99% avoidable. We need a metric (for Gaddieâ??s sake :beer: ) to see if i am correct. A good way to answer the question would be to look at everyoneâ??s experience during their last 100 visits to p4p areas.

If the vast majority of us has had one or less â??serious incidentsâ? in the last 100 visits to the p4p scene in thailand, then I am correct. If people have had more than one serious incident during that time, then I am still correct because Iâ??ll argue that you are a fuck up and it was avoidable. :grinyes:

OK seriously, this could help a newbie decide if all the talk here about danger translates into actual incidents in the field. And what his risk is if he chooses thailand as his sanuk destination.

Definitions:

1. One â??visitâ? (or foray) into the p4 p scene basically means a night out (or a daytime foray into p4p). So if you went to five bars one night (or day), then took a girl for a ST or a LT, that whole night (or day) is one visit to the p4p scene. Also, if you started at 11am in beergarten soi 7 drinking bier chang and finished at 6 am that night drinking 20 saeng som and sodas with the girls on suk, that 17 hour period can count as one visit to the P4P scene.

2. â??Serious incidentâ? can only be defined by using examples. Examples of a serious incident are:

- Girl who steals a decent sum of baht from you (but the change on your table does not count).

- A girl stealing your wallet

- A girl drugging you (obviously)

- Girl or her cohorts beat you

- You committed suicide under suspicious circumstance (ha ha)

- Girl gets your ATM and secretly empties your account.

- Girl steals your passport.

- While in the p4p scene, you are shaken down by the police.

- A farang fights you, robs you or whatever (decided to include encounters with other farang since it is a danger that exists in the scene).

- Some other occurrence that affected your safety or financial well being while you were in the P4P scene or in your room with a P4P girl.

OK you get the picture.

Here are examples of what does not count as a serious incident:

- A girl refusing to samoke you

- A girl doing a runner on you.

- A girl changing a LT into a ST

- A girl in the bar deciding on her own to get herself a lady drink and placing the chit in your bin.

- Any other incident where your check bin has been fucked with.

- A girl talking you into buying her a 12,000 baht phone

- A girl who took your toothpaste before leaving.

- A girl who verbally threatened you.

- A girl who falsely told you she was a college student desperate for money.

- A girl to whom you western unionâ??ed 20,000 baht for her abortion that would have cost 800 baht if she really had gotten one.

OK. I am not asking if you ever had a problem. I only want to know if you had a serious incident in any one of your last 100 visits to the P4P scene.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW....I cannot wait to see the metric....it's odd because after finally finding the one and only true love of my life last [in patpong no less]....I have finally sworn off of the 'is thailand safe' debate. I am attempting to apologize to bangkok traveler....I think the only poster I have offended since my last wave of apologies for offensive, mean spirited, just clear of the board rulebook, budweiser induced posts.

Will gaddie accept this as a metric? Can't wait to hear....MaiLuk...a fucking genius......but what about double board personalities fucking up the metric, and i didn't see a choice that either spurned or saluted eden club?

ahhhh.....loooooovvvvvveeeeeeeee :yay:

I'm about to cuddle on my bed with the love of my life.....just before she walks out of my thai middle class apartment in a silver sequined mini dress.......

Funny post mate.

I would like to put a few qualifications to the validity of your poll

I have never had a serious incident although I have narrowly avoided a few over the years and i personally know many people who have had serious incidents.

I would think that many on this nightlife forum being experienced mongers would probably be less likely to be victims.ie They take precautions and understand the culture better than your average punter.

Further vivtims of serious incidents may be dead 555 so cannot vote and those that survived may no longer be interested in LOS as a tourist destination so therefore don't look at this board.

Additonally many posters have serious alcohol issues to such an extent they probably have forgotten their serious incidents or didn't realise them!

I would be more interested in your poll if you had included something on being scammed because even the most experienced of punters can and does often get scammed in LOS.

Sorry, I think this poll is stupid.

There is no basis for comparison because how many of you guys use these services in your home country?

I've lived most of my life in NYC yet I have never been mugged nor has my placed been robbed. I can't even remember someone who has had their place robbed.

In contrast, I had a Thai army soldier steal my phone while I was crossing the border into Thailand. I returned 2 hours after the incident and the guy left already. He called in sick the next day. The colonel who spoke very good English all the sudden could not speak a lick. I had no recourse without wasting a lot of my time.

I've been the victim of a motorcycle snatch and grab. An ex-girlfriend had the same thing happen to her in the carpark of my building (smallest apartment size I think was 120 square meters and it's a very plush building).

I know of one farang and one Thai who have had their house/apartment robbed.

Thailand is a much more forgiving environment if you aren't very aware (unlike jamaica or brazil) but it isn't all cookies and cream!

<>

Archived