In Love....

buddha

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear buddha,

I am going to assume that this is a true story, although if it were fiction, you are to be commneded for your fertile imagination.

We didn't of course get all the details (medical/ emotional etc), buy with what were were given, maybe some comments are useful.

Positives: You end up in the enviable situation of having a Thai wife who is beautiful, smart (two degrees), speaks good english, considerably younger then you (15-20 years?), probably very well trained in the art of sex, and well disposed towards you because you 'saved' her.

Love? Romantic love is overrated. Other love is something that can grow in such situations as arranged marriage, if the respect and goodwill is there.

Now some of the risks.

you are a self confessed whoremonger, and have been so for many years. (I remember your post about 3x Vit V per week, and

> Poi pet has a 'chicken farm' but it is quite a moto ride into the wilderness, quality sucks, and you are at the mercy of a bunch of different folks. Nothing happened to me, but you realize just how big a sitting duck you are.

This was 2002.

I paid 150 baht for shortime in Poipet in 2001. She was really hot.<

You also admitted to having somewhat of an addictive personality, (do you still smoke?)

Are you going to be able to kick the whoremongering habit?

I myself found that very hard, tried to, but haven't succeeded yet. And that habit is potentially quite damaging to to the notion of 'happy marriage'. Especially since your wife is an ex BG, who knows about the devious and cheating ways of falang men.

The first few weeks or months, shacked up with a beautiful TG with all the advantages of above, you may not be tempted. But old habits die hard. Watch for alarmbells, like too many daydreams about times spent in bars and brothels, watch for finding yourself staring at all that wonderful eye candy that parades in front of you everywhere in LOS.

(From a recent thread (yesterday))

> By 2:30 I was at Siam Paragon girl watching....<

The other risk is of course her medical condition, will she continue to take her medication, will you recognise the signs if she doesn't.

She's an ex BG, even if only 8 months, she will have picked up some of the emotional damage many pick up while working (extensively debated in old threads).

The last is her female ancestors (Mum and grannies). Many personality traits are inherited, many attitudes are inculturated under influence of close family.

Which part of mum's and grannies bad traits will eventually pop up in her?

Not scaremongering, just looking at realities. We don't know enough here to make more then speculations, but forwarned may help you stave off future problems.

Part of me envies you, part is wary.

Wish you good luck!

Ikkrang: do you still smoke?

No, I was a really heavy smoker. I started chewing as a young man. I have been able to knock it out completely. I made a severe lifestyle change that helps to keep this awful vice out of my life. I embrace the struggle everyday. Thanks for asking.

Ikkrang: Are you going to be able to kick the whoremongering habit?

Where in the world did you come up with this ridiculous statement? That isn't in the cards at all. Mia noi, mia nit noi, mia annoy, perhaps even mia ladyboy will all get a proper shagging...I will not be returning to the Poi Pet chicken farm however.....

A scared voice asked me "where are you, where are you, I sooo worried you no come back, I tried to call you before but no signal" (you hear "kanat nee" for those who know)

Yep, that's life when I get away for more than one hour and it's 5 years now we stick together.

Unbelievable the commitment of an ex-BG...

Is that the commitment ? :rolleyes:

I would do the same if I lost my purse, if my purse has a cellphone. :neener:

Nothing personal, just an honest thought.

I don't think you can take it ?

Thanks for the story ! I'm impressed !

Her medical condition is important. I have a friend whose wife is a bipolar. He said she was better than any girlfriends he had had even if she had this condition and it caused him headache sometimes. I think it depends on your mentality also.

Take good care of her, now she's your responsibility for life ?

"go out? "

No, stay in, you are newlywed.

But you did come out with many private details, including a rather vivid description of the behaviour of your future wife in bed. To be read by maybe by thousands of readers (don't trust anonymity here!)

I definitely don't belong in the hi-so circles, but I thought people of a certain social standing tended to be discreet about such things.

"Le charme discret de la bourgoisie", you know (afraid my French is as bad as my English).

>Mia noi, mia nit noi, mia annoy, perhaps even mia ladyboy will all get a proper shagging...

So, psychotic ex-bar girl meets whoremongering farang. Truely a match made in heaven me thinks.

I am really trying not to "have a go here", but, if any of this is true (and not a great big wind up as I feel it is), you have really lost the plot. You are not doing the girl *any* favours here, and indeed may well contribute to more damage. You are clearly not prepared to "commit" to the girl in any real sense, nor to make even an effort at committment.

I really cannot work out your rationale here. It might be "white knight" syndrome - "saving" the girl, but to *marry* her based on - what? Pity? Or are you expecting a life time of "gratitude" from her? You going to throw it in her face every time? "Yes, I may be out shagging, but I *saved* you, so you owe me".

While you are correct its your money and you can do with it what you want, to spend that sort of money on a ring is, frankly, obscene in Thailand.

All in all, if you are serious about *any* of this, I honestly think you need serious professional help. You are in a truck heading to a concrete wall at 100mph, and you are busy looking at the radio.

-j-

Archived