Klu Ay Bot Chi--recipe

Central Scrutinizer

All,

For those of you who love to cook, as I do, here is a good recipe for a Thai dessert I love. Very simple and easy to do. Quick too. (sweet banana with coconut milk)

Cent

-----------------------

Klu Ay Bot Chi

(sweet banana with coconut milk)

3 large bananas

3 cups unsweetened coconut milk

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1.) Choose bananas that are not 100% ripe. There should be some green highlights on the yellow skin. Peel and cut them on a bias, (at an angle) in 1 inch/2.5-cm thick, oval pieces. Reserve.

2.) In a saucepan heat coconut milk, sugar and salt on high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is melted and the coconut milk is just beginning to reach a boil (about 2 minutes).

3.) Add reserved banana pieces to the hot coconut milk and fold in. Lower heat to medium and let cook for 3 minutes. DO NOT STIR. If stirred, the the sauce will darken and the oil in the coconut milk will rise to the top. It is done when the banana has softened considerably. Take off fire.

This dessert is now ready. It can be served immediately, or after it is cooled down (at which point it can also be refrigerated to be served cold). (I prefer it served warm-Cent)

4.) To serve: place 3-4 banana pieces in each bowl and top with a good ladleful of the liquid.

Leftovers can be refrigerated and rewarmed the next day.

Archived