UK Land Scams

Mekong

Is it just me or does anyone else find the incesent barrage of Ads by Profitable Plots[color:red]You Too Can Own Land In UK[/color]slightly annoying?

Not that I watch much TV, usualy just the English Football Programmes, every fucking ad break Profitable Plots, the wankers even sponsor "Goal of the Week" but getting asian families grinning in my facing [color:red]I Too Bought Land in England[/color] does get rather annoying since [color:red]I CANT OWN FUCKING LAND IN THAILAND ![/color]

So when I read This Article earlier I had a little chuckle to myself.

Note it's Indians ripping off other Indians.

This is a long standing scam. Agricultural land can be bought for about £3k an acre. It's then subdivided up into dozens of plots and each sold for a small fee. No way to get planning permission but fools hang onto these plots hoping that the moratorium on new build on green belt will change and that prices for their "building plot" will suddenly sky rocket. Dickheads. :smirk:

• 3 months later...

When I was a kid I used to see magazines advertising"half acre ranchettes" for sale in Columbus, New Mexico. It was supposed to be for retirement homes. I've been to Columbus, NM. It's right on the border in an area that is virtually a desert! The usual saying is that it takes at least 40 acres just to graze one cow. Don't ask me what anyone was supposed to do with half an acre of desert in the middle of nowhere.

p.s. There is a little town called Las Palomas a few miles to the south on the Mexican side. It looks just like the setting for a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western!

Archived