Visa to Oz options

bust

It's very difficult for a poor thai to get a tourist visa to Australia today, for a BG it's almost impossible. At least without paying tea money... Ireland and the UK same.

So TBs advice to use an expensive legal agent is the solution.

Personally I've tried to get a couple of girls into Australia and have been openenly laughed at by an embassy dragon in Vientaine and and given a wad of paper work in BKK. Even if she's a GTG if she hasn't got any money of her own, or a good job in Thailand it's up hill.

Well my GF is only a waitress, did n't have a fortune in her bankbook, and the only paperwork was the visa application form.

As for Elef:"It's very difficult for a poor thai to get a tourist visa to Australia today, for a BG it's almost impossible. At least without paying tea money...."

Sorry, but that is rubbish. The only people anybody applying for an Oz tourist visa see are the staff at the visa application centre, who do NOT have anything to do with granting or refusing the application, so stories about giving tea money to them are either bullshit or sheer stupidity. A friend of mine works at the Golden beer bar, she has just got a visa to australia, and I know of 2 others from the same bar that also have. Obviously they did n't put down bargirl/prostitute/whatever as their occupation, but it is not impossible.

Sorry, but that is rubbish. The only people anybody applying for an Oz tourist visa see are the staff at the visa application centre, who do NOT have anything to do with granting or refusing the application

Correct, it's the persons granting or refusing the applications getting bribes and/or sexual services (either from the girls or the visa agents-mia nois). Almost all western embassies have some employee who is corrupt but the australian embassy has been known as the most corrupt for years.

If you use search you can find my first experience with a gang of thais/australians bringing TGs to australia for work in brothels on false papers, it involved 2 embassy employees and also some in australian immigration.

So far I know around 20 BGs getting a no on their visa application, while those using a visa agent all got it - explain that!

There was a good article in The Diplomat recently on the Thai/ Oz sex industry and the implications of the Australian Consulate. Feb-March 2005. Good story if anyone is a subscriber and wants to post a link. I only have a hard copy. This is my fear about my situation. The fate being decided before the application.

My wife applied 4 and 1/2 months ago,with sucess. it is the scond tourist visa (3 month) to Australia she has had. I thought from all the bullsht that it was damn near impossible to get. The first time we had it approved within 3 hours, that was when you couls apply at the embassy. This tme we just did everything by mail and it was all done within 10 days. Easy.

To add, this time my wife was granted her visa she had the visa condition 8503 "no further stay" waived so we have applie for perm residency and at the moment have had a bridging visa granted whilst we are going through the process.

I have only deal with DIMA on these two occasions and found them to be quite efficient and professional. A couple of things to bear in mind though is that DIMA assesses every case on its individual merits and if she did'nt actually want to study here it may not be best to try and take that path. Once you do the process I think becomes more involved and may also require a mdical clearance which will also slow the whole process.

Write for her a letter indicating your knowledge of each other, your ability to support her during her stay and the type of support you intend to offer, ie: transport, accomodation, food, guidance, etc. The embassy would like to see at least $1000.00AUD for each and every month she intends to stay.

Also for a tourist visa she may as well do herself, she will need to go through VFS, theyre like a visa processing centre for the Oz embassy BKK.

www.vfs-au.net

Chok Di...

Fatty.

I know what you ae talking about and it happens to be a very small and now disfuct operation.

To be clear Elef the Australian Embassy Bangkok is not corrupt, specific individuals WERE.

Ditto MikeN'scomments. for a tourist visa these days you will not even see the front gates of the embassy.

Getting a tourist visa to Australia is quite easy and straight forward. Bust1 given you have things in order you will have no problem.

Fatty...

Thanks Fatty.........I think immigration are more focussed on the construction industry these days than the sex industry. Took TB's advice and called into Eden (not to be confused with the other one that is currently barred from being discussed on the board) and made a few enquiries. Seems a 30 day tourist visa to see if she wants to study here was probably a simle process. I will download here fill out my part and send it to her to complete. :beer:

Archived