new airport opens this week!

keith doug

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember someone saying location of new airport is a bit closer to Pattaya than the old one and slightly longer drive to NEP or Cowboy.

Can anyone verify and maybe even provide estimates of how long the taxi ride is to main p4p locales? If Pattaya not much further than Suk area, I'm thinking of going straight there on my upcoming short stay in the LOS.

As always, thanks guys.

:cool::cool::cool:

You are about the same ditance from Nana.

I am down at 93 Suk, so it is closer for me, as I was 36 Km from the old airport, so now about 20~25 Km for me.

I am flying in on the 30th and the TW is asking around as to WTF is going on with the taxi and meeting someone at the airport. At present (just spoke with her tonight), she has no idea how to meet me at the new airport. She will chat with a taxi drver friend to find something out.

I will be checking the internet or info on the 29th.

Since the new airport is on the far south side of BKK, it is what 40 Km closer to Pattaya?

33 page pdf, more than I expected!

Would have been nice for them to have a complete overview of the airport so one can determine the distance/time required to travel around...and have the main points marked; arrival taxi area, public bus area, etc.

They should have went with a monorail transport system rather then the slow shuttle bus.

Looks like this will be a never ending project.

For me, bus 552 to On Nut may be the best option and the cheapest. I am almost walkig distance to the house from there.

I dread the hauling on my luggage on to the shuttle and public bus... :mad:

From the 26 September BangkokPost

or arriving passengers, the original plan of the Airports of Thailand Plc called for them to go to the transport centre and hop on a bus or grab a taxi as they do at Don Muang.

Facing complaints from potential passengers since it ran airport tests at the beginning of this month, AoT changed its plans, installing a taxi stand on the arrivals floor of the terminal, with at least 20 taxis available at all times.

Suvarnabhumi airport chief Somchai Sawasdeepon has given assurances that there will be enough vehicles on standby to serve passengers' needs.

Indeed, if they really do manage to have 20 taxis standing by at all times, this would be a nice improvement over the current situation at Don Maung.

That 1.4 MB pdf document has some nice photographs in it, but it seems to be outdated, as it says that to catch a taxi, one must take a taxi from the main terminal building to the taxi stand.

Mentors: "Suvap", is that pronounced "Soo - whap"? This airport is in desparate need of a nickname that non-Thais can remember and pronounce. Maybe this is the one.

Archived