Imperial Queen's Park (suk soi 22)

Fiery Jack

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like other's have said the mother of all walk of shames await you. There is always someone looking at you.

The "walk" is long, but you'll have plenty of company on the way.

Japanese men bring their "entertainment" in wholesale lots.

Once I saw about a dozen Japanese men and their rented girl friends clustered around the security station going through the ID process.

Yes, you'll be watched -- I would appreciate that security -- but you won't be alone.

The rooms are average and the swimming pool is average.

Agreed.

Nice, but nothing special.

For a similar nightly rate, there are lots of options in the Sukhumvit area.

I've heard it's alright, but they reckon the carpets will stink of piss, the glass front door will have a crack on it, some of the sheets will have indelible brown marks on them and one of the telly's will be in the car park by december.

Well, that is total rubbish.

Queen's Park offers very good value for the money in the 4-star price range.

Very clean and good maintenance.

If any problem in the room they come to fix it quickly -- no excuses.

We don't always see that in Thailand hotels.

One time, had a problem with the shower in my room -- engineer arrived within 15 minutes.

Another time, a problem with the electronic door lock -- they replaced the entire mechanism.

I like that approach.

Buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Always high quality, with a lot of choices.

Wide selection of Western foods with a roast carving at dinner.

Also, grill-to-order prawns, small steaks, chicken and lamb chops.

The lamb chops are especially delicious.

Home-made ice cream along with too many tempting desserts.

Room service 24 hours - a club sandwich at midnight can be very nice.

Quality of all food is very high, but so are the prices.

Two swimming pools - medium size and always clean.

Room service delivers food & beverage to the pools.

Exercise room - large with lots of Nautilus.

Several pieces of older equipment are a bit worn, but can use.

Good location, 10 minutes walk from skytrain at Phrom Pong.

Many Japanese groups on golf or shopping tours.

Wherever Japanese travel, service will be better than average, but prices will be higher than average.

Queen's Park has a lot to recommend it for a visitor looking for a 4-star hotel Bangkok.

However, due to the prices and the strong security, I don't recommend it for the serious monger on a tight budget.

If any problem in the room they come to fix it quickly -- no excuses.

We don't always see that in Thailand hotels.

One time, had a problem with the shower in my room -- engineer arrived within 15 minutes.

Another time, a problem with the electronic door lock -- they replaced the entire mechanism.

I like that approach.

If it takes an engineer and 15 minutes for me to get a shower in a 4star, I won't be back for the second time! Same goes for the lock: prevention better than cure.

Reading the Accomodation forum when I don't have any idea when I'll be back in town is a peculiar form of self-torture... why do I put myself through it...

lucky bastards who are booking rooms... wish i was you...

YimSiam

I stayed at the Regency Park once about 5 years ago and realy liked it but I have heard it is NOT guest friendly. What has your expierience been?

I can confirm: Regency Park is not guest friendly.

When I stayed there last year, joiner fee was 600 baht.

I observed front desk manager getting quite ugly about it with some guests who did not understand the protocol.

If you want to stay in that area -- and it is an excellent area of Bangkok -- your lady friend will be far more welcome at D'Pelican Inn or at Bourbon Street.

Links for both of those are below.

Of the two, D'Pelican Inn is the better choice, but in high season they are often booked solid.

If specific questions, you are welcome to send me email or private message.

http://www.dpelican-inn.com/

-

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/boutique_hotel.html

• 1 month later...

I have stayed there 5 times in the last year. Never had any problem bringing in a "friendâ? for the night. It is a long walk to the elevators. Never had security question me or my friend. The rooms are good but starting to show some age. Bathroom had cracks in some of the tiles. The higher rooms give a good view of the city. Lots and lots of Japanese.

Archived