US warns of rift with Thai government

Central Scrutinizer

[color:red]

Isnt the US a republic?

[/color]

It sure is!

Democracy sounds like a good thing, but in all reality, it just doesn't work. Can you imagine having the right to vote on every governmental decision?

In the US, children are taught to say the Pledge of Allegiance - not to democracy but to the [color:blue]REPUBLIC.[/color]

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agrre with your manipulative twist of my argument . I have never said that things cannot be OK in Thailand.

I was referring to the US government, I don't see where i mad you believe I am pointing this towards you!

America might just look at the progress before they complain. Maybe the current PM turns out as a great man!

I hate people who complain before things actually happnend. And hey!!! If Thailand decides to stay undemocratic it is up to them and only to them and not to the USA!

unless YOU are America, I wasn't talking to you

:D

[color:red]
Isnt the US a republic?

[/color]

It sure is!

Democracy sounds like a good thing, but in all reality, it just doesn't work. Can you imagine having the right to vote on every governmental decision?

In the US, children are taught to say the Pledge of Allegiance - not to democracy but to the [color:blue]REPUBLIC.[/color]

The US is a republic and a representative democracy. There are no pure democracies around the world, but there are many variatons of representative democracies.

Archived