THAI: check in 3 hours (!) in advance

Mentors

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Now the question Would you guys pay $20 more per flight if it ment faster check in and more curtious service?

Yes!

After I spend $x' date='xxx on the air ticket an extra $20 is nothing.

If I want to save $20, I will stay home.[/quote']

Yes another few dollars is nothing when you add up what you will spend on your visits..

...No! The service would still drop and the CEO would get it all in a big bonus. None for you and your SSG. :neener:

Mr. Marketing here...have the "$20 que line"...when you get checked in, there is a lovely lady (or lady boy, for those that go that way :chili: )there to collect your $20, payable only if you were satisfied with the service.

...there to collect your $20, payable only if you were satisfied with the service.

Is this $20 fast check-in ticket including a glass of beer? :)

No... it means you now have time to spend an additional $20 at the airport bar as you now have time to have a beer!

Whether 3 hours is industry standard or not is not really relevant. The fact is Don Muang handled 2 hour check ins all the way to just last week when it closed. The new airport thought they could handle 2 hours as well, but failed. Thus, within days after opening the new airport has accepted it is not able handle passengers as efficiently as the old and make passengers pay the price.

And just imagine, now that they are telling people to arrive and wait around 50% longer than before this is going to clog the airport with passengers. Adding 1 hour to everyones travel time and many having to wake up even at an outrageously earlier hour in the morning is also a negative of their failure to make the new airport as efficient as the old.

Better to go to Singapore and after that to Phuket.

My gold card gives me check-in with first/biz class whatever class I actually go - never 1st (one time long time ago but I was upgraded), not so often biz, sometimes premium economy and sometimes economy. :)

Better to go to Singapore and after that to Phuket.

My gold card gives me check-in with first/biz class whatever class I actually go - never 1st (one time long time ago but I was upgraded), not so often biz, sometimes premium economy and sometimes economy. :)

I also have a gold card, but it sounds like you get shoved into the cattle shute, so maybe you have to wait to get access to the gold check in counters?

Hope they get it sorted out in the next few weeks!

Archived