6700 cases stuck at airport!

keith doug

Not only problems with luggage air mail/cargo also getting heavy backlogg I sent two items about two weeks ago to U.k and have still not arrived.Most things I send get there within 7-10 days.May switch to using D.H.L or Fedex I think its going to take them up to six months to sort this out i really think they sould have delayed opening the airport untill after high season I predict chaos and many first timers leaving with a bad taste in there mouths.

...I predict chaos and many first timers leaving with a bad taste in there mouths.

Problem is, what can a tourist do about it?

very limited options and the AoT and Thai knows that.

Don't return to LOS, yes, same may but the majority will just cuss and return again.

Now do it USA style, a nice class action law suit...OK, money does talk! Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet!!! that gets immediate attention...but, TIT, they will smile and do nothing...

Problem is, the people we complain to are vert low level and they will never, never bring the complaints to their upper management, TIT and the lower employee can not do something to make upper management lose face.

Somehow, the complaints have to be tied in to $$$, that is the global language that upper management will listen to.

i flew out of Suvannaphum yesterday evening...and my luggage did NOT arrive!!! SHIT!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: (had too much clothes for a 2 weeks++ trip to handcarry all). but i observed that certainly over 70% of the passengers had hand carry only as i was one of the first passenger at the belt and saw only about 3 dozen bags coming and was the only passenger with lost luggage.

anyway got star alliance overnight bag (second this year) and 75 usd petty cash and one hour after arrival in the hotel i already got message that they have located the bag and will send it today.

first impression of the new airport by the way is good. not so long walkways as heard from others, no need to xray bag before check in. no queues at check in at all. spacious nice TG lounge, of course at the moment a bit crowded as they have to host for other airlines, whose lounges have not yet opened.

So you flew out at a "slow" time at the airport, thus no check in lines.

I am concerned about the 6 ~ 7 am flight as usually the old DM airport was fully packed...and that airport had been in business for many, many years...now the new one...uggggg!!!

Jeeez, going to Sillypore, they must have worked awful hard to lose the luggage :banghead:

Archived