gmail drive

Pescator

I`ve installed this handy little program in order to create a virtual drive on my computer.

Files and folders are easily dragged and dropped into this drive, but upon uploading into gmail, they are all uploaded as separate files, meaning that gmail will be flooded with hundreds of pix without any kind of organization.

How does I create multiple folders in gmail, so that i can use my gmail as an online drive? And is it an option at all?

cheers

hn

PC Magazine, Malaysia edition, Nov 2005 had an article about doing just this.

1. get Gmail drive shell extension from www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

install it, get the zip file, etc.

Your email files will look messy.

Create a "filter" to send the files directly and avoid them going to your InBox.

If needed, I can scan the article and e-mail it to you.

Hi Cavanami,

I did google this before asking here and read something similar.

However, the way I understood it by creating a filter I merely sent all my pix to another predefined folder in gmail.

What I need is multiple folders in order to bring some kind of organisation into my hundreds of pix/files etc.

I would be happy to take you up on your kind offer and read the article.

cheers

hn.

Hi,

is it possible to create your own folders in gmail? At a quick glance I couldn't find this option. As I only use it as pop3-account I don't know too much what's possible through the web interface.

The free picasa account offers 250MB free space. Depending on file size this might not be enough.

Archived