BKK Driving Ranges Near BTS

Dali

Aree Golf (Sukumvit Soi 26)

On past trips to BKK I always headed hear, as it was a nice range, but a bit of a walk from the BTS. Also a very annoying walk, as the Soi sidewalk is narrow with trees and utility poles in the middle, so to pass with your golf bag you have to twist sideways every 8 meters or so. I read several comments on a website that they've now made changes such that you can only hit about 75 yards, so even a wedge shot hits the net. Also heard the range may be closing at the end of this year.

Sukhumvit Soi 18

Never been here, but read a report that it closed.

Sukhumvit Soi 42

I heard this is a really good range, but haven't been there or spoken to anyone who has. Address is 1022 Sukhumvit Rd and phone is 712-1541-2.

Anyone have more info on ranges accessible from the BTS?

If you are prepared to grab a 60 Baht Taxi Ride and get driven right to the entrance rather than 25 Baht BTS and walk through downtown Bangkok with a bag of Golf Clubs you may want to consider the Driving range behind Tesco Lotus on Rama III (opposite Central Rama III).

The driving range is right next to Yannawa City Hall.

I have never understoood this fixation of the vicinity having to be close to the BTS, I suppose those of us who were here before it opened have a different viewpoint.

Thanks for the info. The baht for the taxi ride is no problem, but if one is staying close to a BTS station then its a convenient way to get about at any time of day/week regarless of the traffic jams down below. Though if you were there before the BTS, perhaps you are used to it.

Archived