Best deal & serv. MacBook 13.2"

Orangutan

...not that anything ever goes wrong with them. Looks like I'm finally going to cave in and buy a new Duo Core MacBook 13.2. My old clamshell running OS 9.2 has been solid as a rock since I bought it. It's fine for surfing the web, writting doc's, financial stuff, and all the other shit that makes my everyday life easier. But the old blue boy is under powered, and the OS is outdated and does not support so many other things that I want to do.

Searched the old Mac threads trying to find the best palce to buy one. There was alot of good info on servicing...and I know about the shops in Pantaip, and Fortune Mall (although I've never been to Fortune). Where is the best place to buy? Is there a price difference between the local Bangkok Authorised resellers? The Apple iShop at Pantip wants B55,900 for the 2.0GHz 60GB, and B63,900 for the 2.0GHz 80GB.

Any first hand experience, or recommendations on where to purchase my new MacBook would be appreciated.

-OT

Sorry, can't offer you better advice, i think mac prices are pretty much static...fortune has a couple of dealers and you can check out shoppingmac.com online for deals...but i've certainly not discovered any good places yet...i'm after a mini next...or imac...and prices seem to be the same everywhere.

magician,

Thanks for the sound advice. I'm from San Francisco and attended all the Macworld shows at Moscone Cntr. I'm planning a trip home for a visit in mid-2007.

Meanwhile I'll have to get fimiliar with Windows (I feel the anxiety enveloping my whole body) at an internet shop so I can load up my new mp3 player.

-OT

I feel your pain...using windoz makes me want to hurl chunks...why does anyone use it??? I don't understand!!!!!!!!!! It's just so god awful...

Ok, rant over...jai yen yen....

Both systems $300+ cheaper in the states. Your right, I've concluded that I will not find any great deals here.

Just keep in mind this pricing rule applies to every imported item (not just computers) sold in Thailand--it will be more expensive, usually by a long shot compared to the states. When shopping in Thailand, stick to stuff made here and bring everything else with you.

Archived